Is ther a difference between crackling and wheezing

momburchx2

Sam's sweat test results should be in today or tomorrow. Any way is there a difference between crackling and wheezing? I have never heard Sam wheeze although he has be dx with asthma since age 1. I have been told that they have heard crackling a few times. Before the test was ordered the Dr. said Sam was crackling and then ordered the chest xray which led to the sweat test. Okay I am reading something into everything right now. I will go crazy waiting for the phone call. They said a nurse will call if it is negative and Dr. will call if positive so 24 more hours.

momburchx2

Sam's sweat test results should be in today or tomorrow. Any way is there a difference between crackling and wheezing? I have never heard Sam wheeze although he has be dx with asthma since age 1. I have been told that they have heard crackling a few times. Before the test was ordered the Dr. said Sam was crackling and then ordered the chest xray which led to the sweat test. Okay I am reading something into everything right now. I will go crazy waiting for the phone call. They said a nurse will call if it is negative and Dr. will call if positive so 24 more hours.

momburchx2

momburchx2

momburchx2

NoExcuses

For me, crackling = sputum hanging out in my airways.

Wheezing = inflammation in my airways

I'm sure you already know this, but regardless of the sweat test result, get a genetic test. Sweat tests give false negatives often and are pretty old technology.

NoExcuses

I'm sure you already know this, but regardless of the sweat test result, get a genetic test. Sweat tests give false negatives often and are pretty old technology.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

JORDYSMOM

Amy (sakasuka) hit it for you. With or without CF your son could have the crackling and the wheezing. My son has an asthma component to his CF. He wheezes frequently, but the crackling is usually only when he has an upper resp. infection of some kind.

I know you are stressed about the results of the sweat test. I think several of us here expressed to you already how important the genetic testing is. There are so many people here at this site with "normal" sweat test results who have CF. I'm not trying to scare you, but I personally would not accept a decision based on sweat test results alone.

I wish you the best. Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Amy (sakasuka) hit it for you. With or without CF your son could have the crackling and the wheezing. My son has an asthma component to his CF. He wheezes frequently, but the crackling is usually only when he has an upper resp. infection of some kind.

I know you are stressed about the results of the sweat test. I think several of us here expressed to you already how important the genetic testing is. There are so many people here at this site with "normal" sweat test results who have CF. I'm not trying to scare you, but I personally would not accept a decision based on sweat test results alone.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey