Is this a CF issue?

imported_Momto2

OK, this is a weird one, but I've had unexplained severe joint/foot pain on and off since I was about 20. Finally, one time I ended up in the ER with severe toe pain, and the doc on duty had my uric acid levels tested, and they were off the chart. I had GOUT, an old persons disease, and had uric acid crystals in my joints (OUCH!). Apparently the CF was messing enough various metabolic stuff up to trigger it. No one had ever thought to test me for it, despite the typical symptoms. Anyhow, its a very long shot, but just thought I'd put it out there, especially since it is very treatable.

imported_Momto2

OK, this is a weird one, but I've had unexplained severe joint/foot pain on and off since I was about 20. Finally, one time I ended up in the ER with severe toe pain, and the doc on duty had my uric acid levels tested, and they were off the chart. I had GOUT, an old persons disease, and had uric acid crystals in my joints (OUCH!). Apparently the CF was messing enough various metabolic stuff up to trigger it. No one had ever thought to test me for it, despite the typical symptoms. Anyhow, its a very long shot, but just thought I'd put it out there, especially since it is very treatable.