is this an allergic reaction?

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mommafirst</b></i>
<br />
<br /> I'd find it odd if its a bactrim allergy since she's been on it before and we've been pushing the bactrim through her feeding tube, so wouldn't the rash be somewhere else??
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />It happens to my dd all the time. She takes an antibiotic once or twice with no problems and then all of a sudden she gets this rash the next time. I was also surprised at first, but it looks like it is not as unusual as I thought. In our case it was a delayed reaction (on day 8th or somehting), but they no longer give her Bactrim anyway.

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>In our case it was a delayed reaction (on day 8th or somehting), but they no longer give her Bactrim anyway.</end quote></div>
When I had my reaction it wasn't until I was on it for 10 days and I'd had the drug in the past as well. In my case, it started with a very mild rash but progressed to a very severe reaction (anaphylaxis and full body rash that took weeks to heal.)

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>In our case it was a delayed reaction (on day 8th or somehting), but they no longer give her Bactrim anyway.</end quote>
When I had my reaction it wasn't until I was on it for 10 days and I'd had the drug in the past as well. In my case, it started with a very mild rash but progressed to a very severe reaction (anaphylaxis and full body rash that took weeks to heal.)

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>In our case it was a delayed reaction (on day 8th or somehting), but they no longer give her Bactrim anyway.</end quote>
<br />When I had my reaction it wasn't until I was on it for 10 days and I'd had the drug in the past as well. In my case, it started with a very mild rash but progressed to a very severe reaction (anaphylaxis and full body rash that took weeks to heal.)