Is this low libido?

Enzo2311

So I think I have low libido. I have no large desire to have sex. Like, I think I'd be alright being a virgin tbh.

Also, when I, masturbate, I get no major reward (really awkward saying this). Like, the reward is rather small, and it only lasts for like 3 seconds. Also, it seems like (some) of my guy friends only talk about getting in bed with girls and having sex, and honestly, I never think about that. I mean, I sometimes do, but all I think about is how scary it would be (I won't go into details, but I mean scary like I won't do a good job).

tv shows make teenage guys my age sound like I'm supposed to plan on how to have sex and it makes it sound lik I'm supposed to think about sex 75% of the time. And I don't. I think about it like 5-10% of the time.

Oh and btw, I do believe that sex is sacred and for marriage.

azdesertrat

Yea. I'd say if this is your libido at age 18, it is low. I know at that age just about all I could think about was 'gettin' some'. When my Wife & I were in our 20's & 30's 'It' was happening twice a day, sometimes more often than that! Many times, I had to 'get some' before I could fall asleep. I think my sex drive was probably a little higher than normal. Luckily, my Wife didn't mind. I know some women wouldn't put up with that. We've slowed down a bit since we've gotten older, but that's OK. I think its pretty normal. Were I you, I would certainly check with your doctor about such a low sex drive. I don't think what you're experiencing is normal.

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Yes. I have been trying to think of a way to explain why your questions aren't inappropriate when you are tryng to have the best health. Maybe "Lion King" and "the circle of life" is within your movie experience. If not watch it soon.

From the perpective of a teen, sexual attitudes seem contrary. Men are at their sexual peak at an age few are self sufficient, let alone able to support a baby and mother. Women are no different excepting they are hard wired to care for their babies and can't easily abandon them. Parents never forget how life changing a baby is. The most prepared parents are overwhelmed by the irrevocable responsibility of a life that will perish without full time care.

Because of the enormous consequences of a teen pregnancy we go overboard trying to protect adolescents who are capable of conceiving at 13. So, your 23 and ready for marriage and your pastor, preist or rabbi instructs you and your wife to be fruitful and multiply. In other words you must screw your brains out from now forward.

Like in "The Circle of life" one thing we share with all living things, an irresistible urge to procreate. Your parents and extended family have been watching you grow up and are excited at the promise you represent. Part of that anticipation is a grandchild but more so they want you to have every possible tool and advantage to blaze your own trail. They want you handsome, intelligent and healthy so you can attract the best life partner you can. This is being human.

You mentioned a certain fear of your father. Remember this for the day your son is chaffing against you and you chafe back with you manly body, emasculating him to a degree. We aren't wolf packs but alpha men and women lord over their children as long as they judge to. Or until a boy/girl earns or stakes his or her boundaries. Good parents, and I think you have some, celebrate your milestones like a low voice and body development.

Fifty years ago Masters and Johnson published "Human Sexual Response" the first factual study of our true sexual behavior. In spite of this best selling book and the introduction of "the pill" kids were already tramatized by over zealous protection. All girls were saving it for marriage which delayed sexual intercourse until 19 or 20 instead of awkward, rushed sex at 14, delayed by that trauma for a couple years before trying again.

Mature adults revel in the spark of youth because we understand that the physical assets and raging passions represented in you and others define our finest nature and the future of humanity. Libido in this context isn't evil or dirty, in fact it as essential as anything involving your health and wellbeing.

Don't create a problem to justify another. You want everything now! Instant muscles, miracle cure, an occasional nicotine habit, good tasing medicine and perfect poop. Healthy libido is like the young bull talking shop with the alpha bull. The young bull blurts enthusiastically "hey, let's run down the hill and mount a couple cows". The old bull salivating musk looks from the cows to his young friend and says "why don't we walk down the hill and mount 'em all".

You may just want a more developed body. I would have your T checked first. If you are low, it will not enlarge anything except that magic that rises with a thought. Building muscle bulk is hard work especially if you don't have much bulk or weight to start with. Any quick solution is fraught with danger like anabolic steroids.

LL

Enzo2311

Yes. I have been trying to think of a way to explain why your questions aren't inappropriate when you are tryng to have the best health. Maybe "Lion King" and "the circle of life" is within your movie experience. If not watch it soon.

From the perpective of a teen, sexual attitudes seem contrary. Men are at their sexual peak at an age few are self sufficient, let alone able to support a baby and mother. Women are no different excepting they are hard wired to care for their babies and can't easily abandon them. Parents never forget how life changing a baby is. The most prepared parents are overwhelmed by the irrevocable responsibility of a life that will perish without full time care.

Because of the enormous consequences of a teen pregnancy we go overboard trying to protect adolescents who are capable of conceiving at 13. So, your 23 and ready for marriage and your pastor, preist or rabbi instructs you and your wife to be fruitful and multiply. In other words you must screw your brains out from now forward.

Like in "The Circle of life" one thing we share with all living things, an irresistible urge to procreate. Your parents and extended family have been watching you grow up and are excited at the promise you represent. Part of that anticipation is a grandchild but more so they want you to have every possible tool and advantage to blaze your own trail. They want you handsome, intelligent and healthy so you can attract the best life partner you can. This is being human.

You mentioned a certain fear of your father. Remember this for the day your son is chaffing against you and you chafe back with you manly body, emasculating him to a degree. We aren't wolf packs but alpha men and women lord over their children as long as they judge to. Or until a boy/girl earns or stakes his or her boundaries. Good parents, and I think you have some, celebrate your milestones like a low voice and body development.

Fifty years ago Masters and Johnson published "Human Sexual Response" the first factual study of our true sexual behavior. In spite of this best selling book and the introduction of "the pill" kids were already tramatized by over zealous protection. All girls were saving it for marriage which delayed sexual intercourse until 19 or 20 instead of awkward, rushed sex at 14, delayed by that trauma for a couple years before trying again.

Mature adults revel in the spark of youth because we understand that the physical assets and raging passions represented in you and others define our finest nature and the future of humanity. Libido in this context isn't evil or dirty, in fact it as essential as anything involving your health and wellbeing.

Don't create a problem to justify another. You want everything now! Instant muscles, miracle cure, an occasional nicotine habit, good tasing medicine and perfect poop. Healthy libido is like the young bull talking shop with the alpha bull. The young bull blurts enthusiastically "hey, let's run down the hill and mount a couple cows". The old bull salivating musk looks from the cows to his young friend and says "why don't we walk down the hill and mount 'em all".

You may just want a more developed body. I would have your T checked first. If you are low, it will not enlarge anything except that magic that rises with a thought. Building muscle bulk is hard work especially if you don't have much bulk or weight to start with. Any quick solution is fraught with danger like anabolic steroids.

LL

i don't really get what you're saying.

jshet

I think you are putting alot of pressure on your self. Everyone is different and matures and grows differently. I think you are a little self conscious about your how big you are and that you look young for your age. My son has te same issue. He is almost 17 weighs 72 pounds and looks like he is 13. No one believes he is much older. He has autism so it doesn't bother him, but I can definitely see it would if he wasn't autistic. It is much harder on a guy to feel that he is different than his peers. I am sorry if you feel this way.

by other posts I have seen of yours, you have alot of questions and it is must be so tough to deal with your diagnoisis. Have you thought of maybe speaking with a therapist? Sometimes it's easier to talk with someone you don't have history with to share your feelings eith and help you find answers to your questions.

i hope you begin to feel better and find the answers you are looking for. Don't worry if you feel different than your friends. It doesn't mean something is wrong with you. Sometimes guys are more talk than anything. Concentrate on what makes you happy not what you think makes others happy. Everyone is different, you are unique, be proud of you.

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
jshet,

Thank you, thank you thank you.

LL

Enzo,

I had several points that were mostly answered by jseht and Pat. I'll guess at one. "Don't create a problem to justify another". People have died as a direct result of embarrassment. Coked up business women and men die in the ER every day because they can't bring themselves to tell the doctor how much of what brought them in. Sometimes we don't really know how to express an emotion or fear in part because we don't think another person can grasp the complexity of that feeling.

Your testosterone question may have precipitated your questions about libido but you seem to know that body development and bulk can be improved with testosterone in extreme situations. So what is it, body bulk or low sex drive? Not many teens could accurately describe a low libido so I trust your description. I have just been answering questions and not listening to what you are trying to ask.

jshet picked it. I had no idea that I was sick at 18, just a bunch of annoying problems like an ulcer, and sinus problems etc. Neither problem is earth shattering and as separate issues, I just never felt the emotional weight of a disease with so many issues under a single umbrella. Eighteen years old, a senior in high school, 5' 11" at 113 pounds (soaking wet) upon graduation, yeah, I have been there. In retrospect, I was pretty unaware of the angst my classmates went through over body image. There was no bias against being skinny for me as far as girls went. If that was true then, it probably holds today.

LL

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Enzo,

I re-read the post that confused you. It seems to have about half of everything missing. This is what happens to me when I write something, not bother to save it and try to re-create it later. It was far more coherent the first time.

Sorry,

LL