IUI and Insurance

Asexyblond23

I have tricare thru the military and they covered everything but the actual IUI itself.

We paid around $410 per IUI but that inculded the collection, washing of nicks sperm and the insemenation.

My insurance covered the ultrasounds, the trigger shot, and the clomid.

I would have an ultrasound around day 15 to see how many eggs I had and the sizes of the eggs. If needed I would come back the next day if they didnt think they were large enough. Then I would have a trigger shot at the office and then come in the next day for the IUI.

Asexyblond23

I have tricare thru the military and they covered everything but the actual IUI itself.

We paid around $410 per IUI but that inculded the collection, washing of nicks sperm and the insemenation.

I would have an ultrasound around day 15 to see how many eggs I had and the sizes of the eggs. If needed I would come back the next day if they didnt think they were large enough. Then I would have a trigger shot at the office and then come in the next day for the IUI.

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

<br />
<br />We paid around $410 per IUI but that inculded the collection, washing of nicks sperm and the insemenation.
<br />
<br />My insurance covered the ultrasounds, the trigger shot, and the clomid.
<br />
<br />I would have an ultrasound around day 15 to see how many eggs I had and the sizes of the eggs. If needed I would come back the next day if they didnt think they were large enough. Then I would have a trigger shot at the office and then come in the next day for the IUI.

ep1713

Hi Jess,

My insurance paid for any testing that I needed as well as my surgery to remove the uterine polyps that were found during one of the tests. It also ended up paying for all my ultrasounds during all my IUIs.

The first I did natural cycle and didn't do an ultrasound (I just waited for a positive OPK). The 2nd I did clomid, which I had 1-2 ultrasounds. The 3rd I did femara with 1-2 ultrasounds. The 4th I did femara with 3 injections with 1-2 ultrasounds.

The 5th and 6th I did only injectables and probably had 3-4 ultrasounds with each. When on injectables, they have to check you on cycle day 3 to make sure there aren't any cysts. Then they would check every few days to see the number of follicles developing.

My injections were not covered by insurance, but my fertility clinic recommended a pharamacy in England. My shots were about 20% of what they would have been here. I think they were around $600, but that was enough for both cycles, and I have a few left.

My IUIs cost $265 and that included the sperm prep.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to you!!!!

Erin

ep1713

Hi Jess,

My insurance paid for any testing that I needed as well as my surgery to remove the uterine polyps that were found during one of the tests. It also ended up paying for all my ultrasounds during all my IUIs.

The first I did natural cycle and didn't do an ultrasound (I just waited for a positive OPK). The 2nd I did clomid, which I had 1-2 ultrasounds. The 3rd I did femara with 1-2 ultrasounds. The 4th I did femara with 3 injections with 1-2 ultrasounds.

The 5th and 6th I did only injectables and probably had 3-4 ultrasounds with each. When on injectables, they have to check you on cycle day 3 to make sure there aren't any cysts. Then they would check every few days to see the number of follicles developing.

My injections were not covered by insurance, but my fertility clinic recommended a pharamacy in England. My shots were about 20% of what they would have been here. I think they were around $600, but that was enough for both cycles, and I have a few left.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to you!!!!

Erin

ep1713

Hi Jess,

Erin

ep1713

Hi Jess,

Erin

ep1713

Hi Jess,
<br />
<br />My insurance paid for any testing that I needed as well as my surgery to remove the uterine polyps that were found during one of the tests. It also ended up paying for all my ultrasounds during all my IUIs.
<br />
<br />The first I did natural cycle and didn't do an ultrasound (I just waited for a positive OPK). The 2nd I did clomid, which I had 1-2 ultrasounds. The 3rd I did femara with 1-2 ultrasounds. The 4th I did femara with 3 injections with 1-2 ultrasounds.
<br />
<br />The 5th and 6th I did only injectables and probably had 3-4 ultrasounds with each. When on injectables, they have to check you on cycle day 3 to make sure there aren't any cysts. Then they would check every few days to see the number of follicles developing.
<br />
<br />My injections were not covered by insurance, but my fertility clinic recommended a pharamacy in England. My shots were about 20% of what they would have been here. I think they were around $600, but that was enough for both cycles, and I have a few left.
<br />
<br />My IUIs cost $265 and that included the sperm prep.
<br />
<br />I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to you!!!!
<br />
<br />Erin