IV antibiotics and anxiety...Please respond!!!!

JennifersHope

I can not believe I am reading this... I just can't... I am on IV Cipro, IV Zyvox, IV amikacian, oral Zithro and Oral Bactrim and have been for five months.

When the Zyvox goes in I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin... I get so antsy and restless that I don't even want to take the drug, if it was not for my current repeatedly culturing of crap I would never take it, I don't know if the Cipro is causing anxiety but I know the Zyvox is because it gets better after the infusion is done.

I do have a lot of joint and hip pain, leg pain that I attribute to the antibiotics, I never heard of them causing anxiety and I have been wondering and wondering why I can't get my act together.... I feel a relief in knowing I am not the only one.... and don't feel so bad about needing anti anxiety medications.

JennifersHope

I can not believe I am reading this... I just can't... I am on IV Cipro, IV Zyvox, IV amikacian, oral Zithro and Oral Bactrim and have been for five months.

When the Zyvox goes in I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin... I get so antsy and restless that I don't even want to take the drug, if it was not for my current repeatedly culturing of crap I would never take it, I don't know if the Cipro is causing anxiety but I know the Zyvox is because it gets better after the infusion is done.

I do have a lot of joint and hip pain, leg pain that I attribute to the antibiotics, I never heard of them causing anxiety and I have been wondering and wondering why I can't get my act together.... I feel a relief in knowing I am not the only one.... and don't feel so bad about needing anti anxiety medications.

Tisha

I had never heard of this side effect, one always learns new things! Truth is, I'm on Cypro right now and during the treatment I have been more stressed and anxious about the already existing surrounding circumstances. It's good to know that that anxiety might be gone by Friday when my treatment is over!

Tisha

I had never heard of this side effect, one always learns new things! Truth is, I'm on Cypro right now and during the treatment I have been more stressed and anxious about the already existing surrounding circumstances. It's good to know that that anxiety might be gone by Friday when my treatment is over!