IV Levaquin

Aka2007

anyone ever used this and did it work well? My doc wants to put me on it becuase he does not think oral Levaquin will work as well as IV.

Aka2007

anyone ever used this and did it work well? My doc wants to put me on it becuase he does not think oral Levaquin will work as well as IV.

Aka2007

Aka2007

Aka2007

lightNlife

It worked GREAT for me. Even though it's in the same family as Cipro (which I'm allergic to) I was actually able to tolerate this one. It was great for knocking out my infection and helping get my PFTs back up.

I do notice that I have weird dreams and hallucinations when I'm on it. We've come to expect this now, and a therapist helped me come up with ways to deal with the hallucinations. They weren't that bad, and overall when it came to weighing that against the benefit of the Levaquin, I decided to just put up with the hallucinations and take the Levaquin.

There are some rather serious side effects that can happen, but those are very rare. Your doctor will tell you about them when he prescribes the Levo.

lightNlife

It worked GREAT for me. Even though it's in the same family as Cipro (which I'm allergic to) I was actually able to tolerate this one. It was great for knocking out my infection and helping get my PFTs back up.

I do notice that I have weird dreams and hallucinations when I'm on it. We've come to expect this now, and a therapist helped me come up with ways to deal with the hallucinations. They weren't that bad, and overall when it came to weighing that against the benefit of the Levaquin, I decided to just put up with the hallucinations and take the Levaquin.

There are some rather serious side effects that can happen, but those are very rare. Your doctor will tell you about them when he prescribes the Levo.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

Wheezie

I've only ever had oral Levaquin - but it worked really well for me too. I actually didn't know it was available IV.

Wheezie

I've only ever had oral Levaquin - but it worked really well for me too. I actually didn't know it was available IV.

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

Jem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Wheezie</b></i>

I've only ever had oral Levaquin - but it worked really well for me too. I actually didn't know it was available IV.</end quote></div>

Me too! Thanks for the info. Please let us know Aka2007 how it works for you if you go on it.

Jem

I've only ever had oral Levaquin - but it worked really well for me too. I actually didn't know it was available IV.</end quote></div>

Me too! Thanks for the info. Please let us know Aka2007 how it works for you if you go on it.

Jem

Jem

I've only ever had oral Levaquin - but it worked really well for me too. I actually didn't know it was available IV.</end quote>

Jem

I've only ever had oral Levaquin - but it worked really well for me too. I actually didn't know it was available IV.</end quote>