IV

W

windex125

I always get the heart flutters on IV's as well, no matter what I am taking so I now take something occassionally to relax me. I feel I am dealing with all of this mess, I shd not have another issue and feel uncomfortable at the same time. Also my old picc lines are now white dot small scars, what can we do? I wld always place warm compresses over the area for 15mins a day a few times a day, it made the area feel better over time. Try it? Pat-55/CF

stevehof

I have had at least a dozen PICC lines and never had 'heart flutters'. I'd suspect when you have that symptom maybe the PICC is inserted a few MM to much...:^( Did they XRay you after the PICC insertion? Or, did they use the new ultrasound imaging device that rests on your chest and lets them see the PICC inside your chest as they are inserting it?

stevehof

I have had at least a dozen PICC lines and never had 'heart flutters'. I'd suspect when you have that symptom maybe the PICC is inserted a few MM to much...:^( Did they XRay you after the PICC insertion? Or, did they use the new ultrasound imaging device that rests on your chest and lets them see the PICC inside your chest as they are inserting it?

stevehof