Ivacaftor and splicing mutations..

GenH

Thanks, there is a lot of info there, must have taken a while to write that! I just sent you a PM with some thoughts.

dramamama

Hey Guys!
I would really encourage any of you with any of these mutations to try and get in the trial. It is a quick trial and then you get the drug....

From the researcher doing the trial:
People can call Connie St. Clair directly at 303-270-2517.
It really is open to people from around the country, if they have a fair
amount of flexibility in their schedules- Vertex pays for travel.

triples15

Super Moderator
I just replied in the other thread, hadn't seen this one yet!

Drama, I have S945L and I am going to try like heck to get in the study. I have been trying to find a way to get this drug and this could be my ace in the hole. I'm going to hop off here and email the research coordinator at my clinic. She told me she would let me know if Vertex expanded the study to include my mutation but I haven't heard from her. Do you think I should bypass her and call directly to Connie St. Clair? I'll try tomorrow. I don't work and schedule is flexible so could travel a fair amount if needed. Only glitch could be that I have an 10 month old that I'm currently still breastfeeding. Would have to make a quick decision about that. I do know that Kalydeco is a pregnancy Cat B, so maybe I could continue BFing? We'll see!

Thanks everyone for posting!

Autumn

triples15

Super Moderator
It's me again! I was so excited I didn't read through the clinical trial page 100% before posting. Do you guys take that to mean that National Jewish will be the only place doing this study? I'm about an 7 hour drive from Denver, so I still think it would be doable depending on the # and frequency of visits required.

Thanks again!

dramamama

It's me again! I was so excited I didn't read through the clinical trial page 100% before posting. Do you guys take that to mean that National Jewish will be the only place doing this study? I'm about an 7 hour drive from Denver, so I still think it would be doable depending on the # and frequency of visits required.

Thanks again!

They are the only place doing the trial. Call Connie!