IV's and chest tightness

jfarel

Yes, inhalers don't do much for me. Prednisone has always been a last resort and until the last year and a half I hadn't used it in over 10 years.

jfarel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>EnergyGal</b></i>

before I would try pred again, I would try and find out why you are tight near that one spot. have you ever tried light compressions on that side? I would place my hand on a tight area and take in a slow deep breath and gently press down on that side while exhaling all the air out. It creates blood flow and it can possibly loosen up any mucus or whatever is irritating that area. Could it be a muscular problem that is creating a tightness? Have you ever tried getting a massage to relax your tightness?

I remember times where i felt chest tightness was like a big baloon that would not go down. I would practice pursed lip breathing and after several minutes, I felt so much better.

I could try the pursed lip breathing. Massage I've had done since my sister is a massage therapist. That did seem to help for a while but right before the IV's it was't helping anymore so I stopped getting them. I may start again though. I'm pretty sure the pain is pleuritic. I'm just fed up with the chest tightness. My airways are so sensitive now. Walking out in the wind the other day took my breath away.

Looking up pursed lip breathing...

Anxiety can contribute to chest tightness so perhaps you have more than one thing going on? Just something to think about.</end quote></div>

jfarel

before I would try pred again, I would try and find out why you are tight near that one spot. have you ever tried light compressions on that side? I would place my hand on a tight area and take in a slow deep breath and gently press down on that side while exhaling all the air out. It creates blood flow and it can possibly loosen up any mucus or whatever is irritating that area. Could it be a muscular problem that is creating a tightness? Have you ever tried getting a massage to relax your tightness?

I remember times where i felt chest tightness was like a big baloon that would not go down. I would practice pursed lip breathing and after several minutes, I felt so much better.

I could try the pursed lip breathing. Massage I've had done since my sister is a massage therapist. That did seem to help for a while but right before the IV's it was't helping anymore so I stopped getting them. I may start again though. I'm pretty sure the pain is pleuritic. I'm just fed up with the chest tightness. My airways are so sensitive now. Walking out in the wind the other day took my breath away.

Anxiety can contribute to chest tightness so perhaps you have more than one thing going on? Just something to think about.</end quote></div>

jfarel

mjhut999

Are you on Nexium or Prilosec? This happened to me and my MD thought it was related to acid reflux. I was skeptical but he was right as it went away almost immediately after starting Nexium. Prednisone can cause severe acid reflux.

mjhut999

Are you on Nexium or Prilosec? This happened to me and my MD thought it was related to acid reflux. I was skeptical but he was right as it went away almost immediately after starting Nexium. Prednisone can cause severe acid reflux.

mjhut999

sue35

I agree that prednisone is something that should only be prescribed as a last resort but if you have been feeling like this for so long something should be done. I always have a high IgE level so that is why I have always been on it.

What your nurse said about the ibprofuen doesn't seem right to me. I take it all the time and it does help but not completely. And I have aspergillus all the time so it can help and you can still have it.

sue35

I agree that prednisone is something that should only be prescribed as a last resort but if you have been feeling like this for so long something should be done. I always have a high IgE level so that is why I have always been on it.

What your nurse said about the ibprofuen doesn't seem right to me. I take it all the time and it does help but not completely. And I have aspergillus all the time so it can help and you can still have it.

sue35

LouLou

just thought I'd remind everyone that someone posted a while back about how they were being disqualified for getting on the lung transplant list because of osteoporosis. I'm not sure on the guidelines of how strong your bones have to be to qualify but it's something to keep in mind if you already are showing a propensity towards thinning bones. This person also was told her support system wasn't good enough. It was a horribly sad story...so much so that it made you wonder if there wasn't some missing information - just didn't add up but I will always remember it.

LouLou

just thought I'd remind everyone that someone posted a while back about how they were being disqualified for getting on the lung transplant list because of osteoporosis. I'm not sure on the guidelines of how strong your bones have to be to qualify but it's something to keep in mind if you already are showing a propensity towards thinning bones. This person also was told her support system wasn't good enough. It was a horribly sad story...so much so that it made you wonder if there wasn't some missing information - just didn't add up but I will always remember it.

LouLou

LouLou

When I have tightness I bump up to Advair 500/50 for a week. I'm always on Advair 250/50. Maybe you could trying this before bringing out the big guns.

LouLou

When I have tightness I bump up to Advair 500/50 for a week. I'm always on Advair 250/50. Maybe you could trying this before bringing out the big guns.

LouLou