Jeans for Genes Day

kmaried

Hey guys,

First, a huge thank you to everyone who gave me travel advice on my recent business trip to Singapore and Australia! Uli -- you were spot on with the dogs in Australia -- I didn't have any food, and didn't get searched. Moxie1 -- Both hotels had a hot pot, so I was able to boil my nebs so easily!

But now, the reason for my post -- while in Sydney, Australia I witnessed their annual Jeans for Genes Day, where in exchange for a token donation, everyone gets to wear jeans to work one Friday a year. The donation goes to a Genetic Research Organization benefiting multiple children's diseases, including of course, CF. They even had pens, and post-its shaped like a jean pocket to sell! I would LOVE to try to start something like that at my company here in the U.S. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, or more info on Jeans for Genes Day??

Thank you,
Kristin

kmaried

Hey guys,

First, a huge thank you to everyone who gave me travel advice on my recent business trip to Singapore and Australia! Uli -- you were spot on with the dogs in Australia -- I didn't have any food, and didn't get searched. Moxie1 -- Both hotels had a hot pot, so I was able to boil my nebs so easily!

But now, the reason for my post -- while in Sydney, Australia I witnessed their annual Jeans for Genes Day, where in exchange for a token donation, everyone gets to wear jeans to work one Friday a year. The donation goes to a Genetic Research Organization benefiting multiple children's diseases, including of course, CF. They even had pens, and post-its shaped like a jean pocket to sell! I would LOVE to try to start something like that at my company here in the U.S. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, or more info on Jeans for Genes Day??

Thank you,
Kristin

kmaried

Hey guys,

Thank you,
Kristin

kmaried

Hey guys,

Thank you,
Kristin

kmaried

Hey guys,

Thank you,
Kristin

hbollotte

my jeans for genes day is today. everyone at my office who donates $5 get to wear jeans for the day. we get to wear jeans on fridays so there really isn't that much participation any more, but we still do fairly well.

hbollotte

my jeans for genes day is today. everyone at my office who donates $5 get to wear jeans for the day. we get to wear jeans on fridays so there really isn't that much participation any more, but we still do fairly well.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte