joint pain from levaquin?

jaimers

Super Moderator
i searched through some old threads and found that some people had experienced joint pain as a side affect of levaquin. i'm having pretty bad joint pain in my shoulders and hips...but i finished my levaquin 2 weeks ago....

the pain started about a week after i began the med and still hasn't gone away.

has anyone else experienced this? did it stay around even after you finished the med? for how long?

thanks!

jaimers

Super Moderator
i searched through some old threads and found that some people had experienced joint pain as a side affect of levaquin. i'm having pretty bad joint pain in my shoulders and hips...but i finished my levaquin 2 weeks ago....

has anyone else experienced this? did it stay around even after you finished the med? for how long?

thanks!

jaimers

Super Moderator

thanks!

jaimers

Super Moderator

thanks!

jaimers

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />the pain started about a week after i began the med and still hasn't gone away.
<br />
<br />has anyone else experienced this? did it stay around even after you finished the med? for how long?
<br />
<br />thanks!

saveferris2009

i don't have an experience with that.

but the half life of levo is 6-8 hrs. so the drug is no longer in your body.... it left your body around 24 hours after your last dose 2 weeks ago.

i hope you feel better soon!

saveferris2009

but the half life of levo is 6-8 hrs. so the drug is no longer in your body.... it left your body around 24 hours after your last dose 2 weeks ago.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />but the half life of levo is 6-8 hrs. so the drug is no longer in your body.... it left your body around 24 hours after your last dose 2 weeks ago.
<br />
<br />i hope you feel better soon!

ladybug

i thought the literature that came with levaquin when i was on it (only short-term cause it didn't help) said it could cause issues with joints and ligaments even after it was stopped... i think it has to do with whatever its taking from your joints/bones/etc.

i'm sorry i don't remember exactly, just that i had to be really really careful when i jogged and was on it cause of that tendon in the foot that it can mess up. and, i THOUGHT it could do that even after it was stopped for some reason.

sorry, i guess i'm no help afterall. lol.

ladybug

i thought the literature that came with levaquin when i was on it (only short-term cause it didn't help) said it could cause issues with joints and ligaments even after it was stopped... i think it has to do with whatever its taking from your joints/bones/etc.

i'm sorry i don't remember exactly, just that i had to be really really careful when i jogged and was on it cause of that tendon in the foot that it can mess up. and, i THOUGHT it could do that even after it was stopped for some reason.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

<br />
<br />i'm sorry i don't remember exactly, just that i had to be really really careful when i jogged and was on it cause of that tendon in the foot that it can mess up. and, i THOUGHT it could do that even after it was stopped for some reason.
<br />
<br />sorry, i guess i'm no help afterall. lol.

C

CFinCalifornia

For what it's worth, I had the worst joint pain and hives of my life on levaquin. My friend had to take me to the ER because I couldn't move my neck and was sobbing with pain.

Needless to say, I don't take Levaquin anymore.

Hope you feel better!

C

CFinCalifornia

For what it's worth, I had the worst joint pain and hives of my life on levaquin. My friend had to take me to the ER because I couldn't move my neck and was sobbing with pain.

Hope you feel better!

C

CFinCalifornia

Hope you feel better!

C

CFinCalifornia

Hope you feel better!

C

CFinCalifornia

<br />
<br />Needless to say, I don't take Levaquin anymore.
<br />
<br />Hope you feel better!