joshua's dad

pjpereira

hi all,
my name is patrick. my son joshua was diagnosed with cf a couple of weeks ago.
he is 5 months old. we are from malaysia and this is a rare diasease here as only about 16 people have been diagnosed with cf till last year. the hospital we are at is treating 3 kids (various ages) for cf. have yet to meet them. little josh was admitted there on 7/2/07. he was diacharged yesterday on 22/2/07. he is on vits and creone (enzyme) and has to use the nebulizer about 4 times a day. also has to undergo physio (cvt).
anyways, just want to know what to expect in the future. thanks to the forums and blogs am more optimistic about josh's future.

pjpereira

hi all,
he is 5 months old. we are from malaysia and this is a rare diasease here as only about 16 people have been diagnosed with cf till last year. the hospital we are at is treating 3 kids (various ages) for cf. have yet to meet them. little josh was admitted there on 7/2/07. he was diacharged yesterday on 22/2/07. he is on vits and creone (enzyme) and has to use the nebulizer about 4 times a day. also has to undergo physio (cvt).
anyways, just want to know what to expect in the future. thanks to the forums and blogs am more optimistic about josh's future.

pjpereira

hi all,

robert321

hey for ideas on what to expect in the future just look around on this forum, i have a mild case and have only mild symptoms so i can't tell you much about what to expect, do you speak english in malasia, i thought the people there speak an African language or did you use a translator to put your post in english? sorry random question. cf is most prominent in white people just like sikle cell animea is prominent in people of African decent and that is why it's more prevalant in europe and north america, i am supprised that there is that few cases of it there, i would think that there would be more than that.

robert321

hey for ideas on what to expect in the future just look around on this forum, i have a mild case and have only mild symptoms so i can't tell you much about what to expect, do you speak english in malasia, i thought the people there speak an African language or did you use a translator to put your post in english? sorry random question. cf is most prominent in white people just like sikle cell animea is prominent in people of African decent and that is why it's more prevalant in europe and north america, i am supprised that there is that few cases of it there, i would think that there would be more than that.

robert321

L

lemonstolemonade

Hi Josh's Dad:

I just posted links to your post in the Families and Newly Diagnosed sections of the forum, hoping to get more traffic to you.

If you don't hear anything else in the next day or so, try posting your original post in those areas!

Hoping you all are doing better!

Emily

L

lemonstolemonade

Hi Josh's Dad:

I just posted links to your post in the Families and Newly Diagnosed sections of the forum, hoping to get more traffic to you.

If you don't hear anything else in the next day or so, try posting your original post in those areas!

Emily

L

lemonstolemonade

Hi Josh's Dad:

Emily

grsswspr

Patrick,
This is a very difficult time for you and I know it is difficult for all of us who have had to face cf. I found out my daughter has cf about a year ago. You do have to adjust to meds and therapy and in time it will become part of life. This experience has made me a more understanding person. It has change me and I'm sure that is what happens to most. Stay close to this site if you can. It will help you to learn what everybody goes through and the support from these people is amazing! I wish you the very best. Bless you and your son Joshua.

grsswspr

Patrick,
This is a very difficult time for you and I know it is difficult for all of us who have had to face cf. I found out my daughter has cf about a year ago. You do have to adjust to meds and therapy and in time it will become part of life. This experience has made me a more understanding person. It has change me and I'm sure that is what happens to most. Stay close to this site if you can. It will help you to learn what everybody goes through and the support from these people is amazing! I wish you the very best. Bless you and your son Joshua.

grsswspr

Patrick,

julie

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry for the diagnosis, but you've come to the right place to rebound questions off of, find support and find hope.

I'm married to Mark, who happens to have CF (diagnosed at 18 months). He just graduated from college in December and we started a family last year with the birth of our Triplets (concieved with help via IVF) in September.

CF affects everyone differently, but for the most part there are SOOOO many treatments and advances, that a "normal" (what is normal anyways???) life is so possible today.

julie

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry for the diagnosis, but you've come to the right place to rebound questions off of, find support and find hope.

I'm married to Mark, who happens to have CF (diagnosed at 18 months). He just graduated from college in December and we started a family last year with the birth of our Triplets (concieved with help via IVF) in September.

CF affects everyone differently, but for the most part there are SOOOO many treatments and advances, that a "normal" (what is normal anyways???) life is so possible today.

julie

Hi Patrick,

kybert

lol robert i couldnt help but laugh at your post, sorry! malaysia is an asian country! their language is malay but lots speak english as well.

pjpereira, is your son going to a good hospital? it sounds like they have everything under control.

kybert

lol robert i couldnt help but laugh at your post, sorry! malaysia is an asian country! their language is malay but lots speak english as well.

pjpereira, is your son going to a good hospital? it sounds like they have everything under control.

kybert

Alyssa

My kids are not the "typical" example for a person with CF, but if you are interested you could read the first entry in my blog page (link in my signature line)

Welcome to the site.

Alyssa

My kids are not the "typical" example for a person with CF, but if you are interested you could read the first entry in my blog page (link in my signature line)

Welcome to the site.