Just asthma? or could it be CF?

M

Mommafirst

I am so frustrated for you that both your doctor and mother are trying to stop this!!! As another mom, I KNOW that this isn't about you wishing it on your child, and what a wonderful relief it will be to clear CF as a possibility. But wishing it isn't CF, or brushing it off, certainly isn't the way to get cleared.

I guess if it were me, I'd make an appointment and insist once again that the test be done. Tell them you'll be happy to be proven wrong, but the symptoms are just tooo similar to ignore. HUGS to you, I really wish there was something I could do to make some ignorant doctors see. My daughter was born with a meconium plug (a pretty clear indicator of CF) and we were told to have her tested at 3 months old. Our pedi did the test to appease me, but kept assuring me that she couldn't possibly have CF. But she does. Doctors don't know everything.

M

Mommafirst

I am so frustrated for you that both your doctor and mother are trying to stop this!!! As another mom, I KNOW that this isn't about you wishing it on your child, and what a wonderful relief it will be to clear CF as a possibility. But wishing it isn't CF, or brushing it off, certainly isn't the way to get cleared.

I guess if it were me, I'd make an appointment and insist once again that the test be done. Tell them you'll be happy to be proven wrong, but the symptoms are just tooo similar to ignore. HUGS to you, I really wish there was something I could do to make some ignorant doctors see. My daughter was born with a meconium plug (a pretty clear indicator of CF) and we were told to have her tested at 3 months old. Our pedi did the test to appease me, but kept assuring me that she couldn't possibly have CF. But she does. Doctors don't know everything.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

JORDYSMOM

I'm with Heather on this. It makes me mad! Is there any way to go over this docs head? I don't know much about how the military works when it comes to healthcare, but is there another doctor who will listen? Your mother, of ALL people, should not be making you feel bad when all you are trying to do is help your child. For goodness sake, it's not jumping to conclusions to be searching for answers as to why your baby is sick. You aren't causing problems, you already have a problem. No one will listen to you; that's the problem! I hope you can find the answers soon. Stay strong.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I'm with Heather on this. It makes me mad! Is there any way to go over this docs head? I don't know much about how the military works when it comes to healthcare, but is there another doctor who will listen? Your mother, of ALL people, should not be making you feel bad when all you are trying to do is help your child. For goodness sake, it's not jumping to conclusions to be searching for answers as to why your baby is sick. You aren't causing problems, you already have a problem. No one will listen to you; that's the problem! I hope you can find the answers soon. Stay strong.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hey Sam's mom. You might want to start this in a thread of your own. More people will see it there. This has sort of "highjacked" MIRANDAPANDA's thread, but I wanted to reach out to you.

I will tell you that my son was 15 before he was diagnosed with CF. It can be missed when the symptoms are mild or atypical. I'm glad your doctor is checking. I see so many parents here who have to throw a fit to get their docs to order the proper tests.

No parent is ever ready to hear a diagnosis like CF. Maybe you won't get one, but if you do, try to see it as an opportunity to improve your child's health. Since my son was dx, his health has improved greatly. I understand that your hubby is probably afraid, and everyone deals with things differently. I hope he opens up about it though, because you will both need to lean on each other through this.

This site is a great place for information and support. We've all been where you are, and we know how tough it is. Hang in there, and let us know what you find out.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Hey Sam's mom. You might want to start this in a thread of your own. More people will see it there. This has sort of "highjacked" MIRANDAPANDA's thread, but I wanted to reach out to you.

I will tell you that my son was 15 before he was diagnosed with CF. It can be missed when the symptoms are mild or atypical. I'm glad your doctor is checking. I see so many parents here who have to throw a fit to get their docs to order the proper tests.

No parent is ever ready to hear a diagnosis like CF. Maybe you won't get one, but if you do, try to see it as an opportunity to improve your child's health. Since my son was dx, his health has improved greatly. I understand that your hubby is probably afraid, and everyone deals with things differently. I hope he opens up about it though, because you will both need to lean on each other through this.

This site is a great place for information and support. We've all been where you are, and we know how tough it is. Hang in there, and let us know what you find out.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey