Just curious how fundraising is going?

LouLou

I took a different approach this year. I usually send an email to old and new friends, family, etc. with an update on my cf and a request to walk in a GS walk near them or donate.

This year I sent an Evite to everyone in my addressbook. I use Gmail which captures addresses for everyone I've ever emailed incl. such people as mortgage lenders, pharmacies, you name it. I try to deal with everyone through email to have a paper trail so the total was over 450 people. I made the evite an invitation to walk with us. I phrased it nicely that if they couldn't walk perhaps they'd consider donating. I didn't incl. my website on the Evite which I hoped would encourage people to respond (peer pressure since responses are public on Evite). Also if you don't respond you kindly get a "reminder."

Instead of the normal Yes, No Maybe. I changed it to Yes I want to join your team, My legs are broken, but I'll make a donation and The Unthinkable :) I got a great response. Usually I only hear from those that donate. Everyone else stays quiet...so annoying - did they read my email? This year I got double the donations and over 75 responses. Because I didn't incl. the site it forced me to send an email to each person that said they wanted to donate. In this email I incl. my update on cf and life and a click to donate link.

I would highly suggest this method although it does take a little more follow up than just emailing everyone a link.

One friend donated $500. How do I thank someone that has donated so much?

I am at $2300 and my team (half of which I'd never have thought to ask but with Evite they responded that they wanted to join!!) over $3000. It's not my best year but I can only imagine where I'd be if I'd used my usual approach.

LouLou

I took a different approach this year. I usually send an email to old and new friends, family, etc. with an update on my cf and a request to walk in a GS walk near them or donate.

This year I sent an Evite to everyone in my addressbook. I use Gmail which captures addresses for everyone I've ever emailed incl. such people as mortgage lenders, pharmacies, you name it. I try to deal with everyone through email to have a paper trail so the total was over 450 people. I made the evite an invitation to walk with us. I phrased it nicely that if they couldn't walk perhaps they'd consider donating. I didn't incl. my website on the Evite which I hoped would encourage people to respond (peer pressure since responses are public on Evite). Also if you don't respond you kindly get a "reminder."

Instead of the normal Yes, No Maybe. I changed it to Yes I want to join your team, My legs are broken, but I'll make a donation and The Unthinkable :) I got a great response. Usually I only hear from those that donate. Everyone else stays quiet...so annoying - did they read my email? This year I got double the donations and over 75 responses. Because I didn't incl. the site it forced me to send an email to each person that said they wanted to donate. In this email I incl. my update on cf and life and a click to donate link.

I would highly suggest this method although it does take a little more follow up than just emailing everyone a link.

I am at $2300 and my team (half of which I'd never have thought to ask but with Evite they responded that they wanted to join!!) over $3000. It's not my best year but I can only imagine where I'd be if I'd used my usual approach.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />This year I sent an Evite to everyone in my addressbook. I use Gmail which captures addresses for everyone I've ever emailed incl. such people as mortgage lenders, pharmacies, you name it. I try to deal with everyone through email to have a paper trail so the total was over 450 people. I made the evite an invitation to walk with us. I phrased it nicely that if they couldn't walk perhaps they'd consider donating. I didn't incl. my website on the Evite which I hoped would encourage people to respond (peer pressure since responses are public on Evite). Also if you don't respond you kindly get a "reminder."
<br />
<br />Instead of the normal Yes, No Maybe. I changed it to Yes I want to join your team, My legs are broken, but I'll make a donation and The Unthinkable :) I got a great response. Usually I only hear from those that donate. Everyone else stays quiet...so annoying - did they read my email? This year I got double the donations and over 75 responses. Because I didn't incl. the site it forced me to send an email to each person that said they wanted to donate. In this email I incl. my update on cf and life and a click to donate link.
<br />
<br />I would highly suggest this method although it does take a little more follow up than just emailing everyone a link.
<br />
<br />One friend donated $500. How do I thank someone that has donated so much?
<br />
<br />I am at $2300 and my team (half of which I'd never have thought to ask but with Evite they responded that they wanted to join!!) over $3000. It's not my best year but I can only imagine where I'd be if I'd used my usual approach.

izemmom

Well, that it explains it, LouLou. I must be in your address book somehow. I didn't recognize your name, but I keep getting your e-vite!

It's a great idea, I hope it continues to be successful for you!

izemmom

Well, that it explains it, LouLou. I must be in your address book somehow. I didn't recognize your name, but I keep getting your e-vite!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />It's a great idea, I hope it continues to be successful for you!
<br />

M

Mommafirst

Lauren -- thank you for giving us the update on that approach, I remember you saying you were going to do that, and I was wondering how it went. Next year I am doing that for sure. Very innovative thinking and an awesome approach!! Thanks for sharing! Congrats on your hard work!!

Heather

M

Mommafirst

Lauren -- thank you for giving us the update on that approach, I remember you saying you were going to do that, and I was wondering how it went. Next year I am doing that for sure. Very innovative thinking and an awesome approach!! Thanks for sharing! Congrats on your hard work!!

Heather

M

Mommafirst

Heather

M

Mommafirst

Heather

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Heather