Just diagnosed

hlyterra

Thank you all so much for your words, thoughts and best wishes. It's bitter-sweet to know that I'm not alone. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Tomorrow we have our first appointment. I'm glad one of you stated that it would be several hours. I know they plan on doing more blood work. He's already had chest and sinus xrays and also a catscan. He doesn't even flinch at the blood draws anymore. I hope they do have something for him to give him some relief for the coughs. He's so tired during the day from the lack of sleep. I will keep you posted. I really can't stress enough how your comments really put my mind at ease. Thank you again.

Kimberly

hlyterra

Thank you all so much for your words, thoughts and best wishes. It's bitter-sweet to know that I'm not alone. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Tomorrow we have our first appointment. I'm glad one of you stated that it would be several hours. I know they plan on doing more blood work. He's already had chest and sinus xrays and also a catscan. He doesn't even flinch at the blood draws anymore. I hope they do have something for him to give him some relief for the coughs. He's so tired during the day from the lack of sleep. I will keep you posted. I really can't stress enough how your comments really put my mind at ease. Thank you again.

Kimberly

Leighann

Oh kimberly., I am so sorry that about your son. I found out just yesterday about my beautiful daughter Brooklynn..she is two. I like you have so many questions...unanswered. I am so afraid for her. I guess the hardest part about this is that it seems as if I have no control over ths situation....I cant give her a pill and make it go away, I cant give her a kiss and make it "all better"...I just dont know what to do....

Leighann

Leighann

Oh kimberly., I am so sorry that about your son. I found out just yesterday about my beautiful daughter Brooklynn..she is two. I like you have so many questions...unanswered. I am so afraid for her. I guess the hardest part about this is that it seems as if I have no control over ths situation....I cant give her a pill and make it go away, I cant give her a kiss and make it "all better"...I just dont know what to do....

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

FlaDad

Hi Kimberly,
I am a father of a 7 year old girl, diagnosed just this week. She hasn't had any of the lung symptoms, but she has had gastro problems since a very early age. We went through the same things, our route has been supplying stool samples, food diaries, etc. No one suggested CF. I have felt the same way, "why weren't we pushier" but we aren't doctors and just accept that they may have differences from "the norm". Don't beat yourself up though. Even diagnosed sooner wouldn't have changed anything, although preventive things could have started sooner. We go to a pulmanologist tomorrow morning and I've worried the past 5 days.
Just know that each they make progress in finding a cure for CF and we will soon be there when our precious kids won't have to worry. Just be strong and help him understand that staying healthy is very important, from what I've read even when they are healthy, the treatments are crucial. Keep in touch.
Thank God for this website and others to provide means of support.

FlaDad

Hi Kimberly,
I am a father of a 7 year old girl, diagnosed just this week. She hasn't had any of the lung symptoms, but she has had gastro problems since a very early age. We went through the same things, our route has been supplying stool samples, food diaries, etc. No one suggested CF. I have felt the same way, "why weren't we pushier" but we aren't doctors and just accept that they may have differences from "the norm". Don't beat yourself up though. Even diagnosed sooner wouldn't have changed anything, although preventive things could have started sooner. We go to a pulmanologist tomorrow morning and I've worried the past 5 days.
Just know that each they make progress in finding a cure for CF and we will soon be there when our precious kids won't have to worry. Just be strong and help him understand that staying healthy is very important, from what I've read even when they are healthy, the treatments are crucial. Keep in touch.

FlaDad

Hi Kimberly,

FlaDad

Hi Kimberly,

FlaDad

Hi Kimberly,

FlaDad

Hi Kimberly,

A

aqua8522

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL , MY DAUGHTER WAS AT DUKE WITH DR TREEM A PED Gastro. she was 16 at the time. he was a jerk. she had been to infectious diease before going to him and was positive with h-pyloric bacteria. had stomach pains, didnt have a bowel movement for 13 days, went to the clinic to meet him, had blood test and urine that one day and the urine was coke colored and the lipase was 500 but the amalace was fine. her liver enzmes waer high. so the next day they called us back and told us she pancreatitist. no one ever sugested cf just said it was probably gall stones had pancreatic imagies the duct was enlarged , never thought of mucus plug. how ever she was dehydrated , specific gravity of urine was alwasy 1030, she had a fever to 99 which her problem is her normal is 96.7 she was dehydrated even on ivs. anyway it was a long 6 months of lying on the floor after pancreatitist went away which was 2 months . then she had crystals in the urine because she was dehydrated, chest pain like pluricy but not coughing. lots of weird things. i did take her to a pulmaologist and did test and xrays and she was fine. however she ended up at 2 canser doctors on for all the lympnodes in the manin places were swollen and at first they were going to do a biospy but did t cell test to check autoimmune problems which she has had 100 test for lupus also her face has had the butterfly reddness when she was so sick. then she was anemic and they thought hemalictic anemia after 3 months that went back to normal. there was so much more but she finally recover sowhat and went on with life. no major things just stomach pain. now at 21 she has had a musus plug in the salvary gland and mucus alone out of rectum . her main proble is exhaustion after activities or end of day. she lives in philly and is married and goes to temple . so she has a dr there that ask about cf because of pancreatitist. then the oral surgan ask about it and a gastro . needless to say better than dukes arrogant drs. we also were at unc. which was no better. so her sweat test were 41/13 then 45/53 . her gentic was through genzyme1 and mine through quest. hers didnt have a secific mutation just 1716g,4404c,1540a,2694t poly status 7t and 7t. the 1716g has been seen with pancreatitist. i am intested in ambry but it isnt covered in north carolin and pa so i will have to pay out of pocket. i have found there are many facters on this 7th gene. my father ,his sister and mother all died of pulmany fibrosis which is related . so many variations are on this gene that can cause numerous problems.

A

aqua8522

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL , MY DAUGHTER WAS AT DUKE WITH DR TREEM A PED Gastro. she was 16 at the time. he was a jerk. she had been to infectious diease before going to him and was positive with h-pyloric bacteria. had stomach pains, didnt have a bowel movement for 13 days, went to the clinic to meet him, had blood test and urine that one day and the urine was coke colored and the lipase was 500 but the amalace was fine. her liver enzmes waer high. so the next day they called us back and told us she pancreatitist. no one ever sugested cf just said it was probably gall stones had pancreatic imagies the duct was enlarged , never thought of mucus plug. how ever she was dehydrated , specific gravity of urine was alwasy 1030, she had a fever to 99 which her problem is her normal is 96.7 she was dehydrated even on ivs. anyway it was a long 6 months of lying on the floor after pancreatitist went away which was 2 months . then she had crystals in the urine because she was dehydrated, chest pain like pluricy but not coughing. lots of weird things. i did take her to a pulmaologist and did test and xrays and she was fine. however she ended up at 2 canser doctors on for all the lympnodes in the manin places were swollen and at first they were going to do a biospy but did t cell test to check autoimmune problems which she has had 100 test for lupus also her face has had the butterfly reddness when she was so sick. then she was anemic and they thought hemalictic anemia after 3 months that went back to normal. there was so much more but she finally recover sowhat and went on with life. no major things just stomach pain. now at 21 she has had a musus plug in the salvary gland and mucus alone out of rectum . her main proble is exhaustion after activities or end of day. she lives in philly and is married and goes to temple . so she has a dr there that ask about cf because of pancreatitist. then the oral surgan ask about it and a gastro . needless to say better than dukes arrogant drs. we also were at unc. which was no better. so her sweat test were 41/13 then 45/53 . her gentic was through genzyme1 and mine through quest. hers didnt have a secific mutation just 1716g,4404c,1540a,2694t poly status 7t and 7t. the 1716g has been seen with pancreatitist. i am intested in ambry but it isnt covered in north carolin and pa so i will have to pay out of pocket. i have found there are many facters on this 7th gene. my father ,his sister and mother all died of pulmany fibrosis which is related . so many variations are on this gene that can cause numerous problems.

A

aqua8522

A

aqua8522

A

aqua8522

A

aqua8522