Just discover that my wife and I are carriers.

Printer

aannddd:

I need to tell you how much I am impressed with you. On a simple recommendation from your sons CF Doctor, you sold your house and moved to be in a situation that would be more beneficial to your son. As a result, he is living well, with many friends and a very active life that includes Little League baseball.

I contrast that with CF parents who profess to know more than their CF Doctor and withhold medications, tests and treatments from their child.

You are wonderful, keep up the great work.

Bill

CFParent2

Sure, some things about this disease sucks the bag hard, we would rather see our children not have to struggle. But we can't screen our children into perfection. We can't make them all the prettiest, smartest and most successful. We can't screen away for clumsiness, stupid decision making and bad judgement. And whose to say that if you come through the screening process with a perfectly healthy little fetus that their life is going to be free from pain anyways?
CF has actually made me reflect on what I define as success and happiness, and I believe it's created wiser, more compassionate and resilient children in my family. Like I said earlier, if given the chance now whether to have Ainsley in my life with cf or have no beautiful, intelligent hard headed little Ainsley, I wouldn't change this family for the world.

Really enjoyed these comments above.