Just found out my son needs a lung transplant.

vmhoward

DannysMom,

My son Garran had his tx last February when he was 7 years old. He was on the list for approximately 8 months. at that time he was on 24 hour a day O2, 4 + times a day vest and nebs, and IV every other week. His lung function was 11% when he was tx'd. He had his tx at UNC. I don't know much about other tx centers but I can tell you that at UNC they were fantastic!

Since tx he has had a few bouts of rejection, some worse than others, but mostly he has done really well. He has gained over 25 pounds since tx and still gaining.

Pre tx he didnt go to school, but that was only because he was on O2, and the treatments, and he just didnt have any stamina with the lung function he had. He did have a homebound instructor come in daily to work with him.

you can PM me with any specific questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Best wishes to you and your son.

Victoria

vmhoward

DannysMom,

My son Garran had his tx last February when he was 7 years old. He was on the list for approximately 8 months. at that time he was on 24 hour a day O2, 4 + times a day vest and nebs, and IV every other week. His lung function was 11% when he was tx'd. He had his tx at UNC. I don't know much about other tx centers but I can tell you that at UNC they were fantastic!

Since tx he has had a few bouts of rejection, some worse than others, but mostly he has done really well. He has gained over 25 pounds since tx and still gaining.

Pre tx he didnt go to school, but that was only because he was on O2, and the treatments, and he just didnt have any stamina with the lung function he had. He did have a homebound instructor come in daily to work with him.

Victoria

vmhoward

DannysMom,

Victoria

vmhoward

DannysMom,

Victoria

vmhoward

DannysMom,
<br />
<br />My son Garran had his tx last February when he was 7 years old. He was on the list for approximately 8 months. at that time he was on 24 hour a day O2, 4 + times a day vest and nebs, and IV every other week. His lung function was 11% when he was tx'd. He had his tx at UNC. I don't know much about other tx centers but I can tell you that at UNC they were fantastic!
<br />
<br />Since tx he has had a few bouts of rejection, some worse than others, but mostly he has done really well. He has gained over 25 pounds since tx and still gaining.
<br />
<br />Pre tx he didnt go to school, but that was only because he was on O2, and the treatments, and he just didnt have any stamina with the lung function he had. He did have a homebound instructor come in daily to work with him.
<br />
<br />you can PM me with any specific questions and I will do my best to answer them.
<br />
<br />Best wishes to you and your son.
<br />
<br />Victoria