Just needing to vent

littletally

Ok I just needed to say something because I'm a little irritated. I haven't had my sporonox for about a week now and insurance is telling me that it can take up to 10 days to get it approved. This is the second time the docs have sent in a prior auth. form and the first time they said they didn't have enough information. Come on people! It's not rocket science to figure out there is not an alternative treatment for ABPA. So as I'm stuck on prednisone (which I've been on for 3 weeks now) and I'm getting married in a month so I'm hoping and praying that my cheeks will not have that puffy look!! Hopefully it will get approved soon and start kicking some aspergillus butt because I do NOT have time for this!!!

Nikki
27/f/cf

littletally

Ok I just needed to say something because I'm a little irritated. I haven't had my sporonox for about a week now and insurance is telling me that it can take up to 10 days to get it approved. This is the second time the docs have sent in a prior auth. form and the first time they said they didn't have enough information. Come on people! It's not rocket science to figure out there is not an alternative treatment for ABPA. So as I'm stuck on prednisone (which I've been on for 3 weeks now) and I'm getting married in a month so I'm hoping and praying that my cheeks will not have that puffy look!! Hopefully it will get approved soon and start kicking some aspergillus butt because I do NOT have time for this!!!

Nikki
27/f/cf

littletally

Nikki
27/f/cf

JennifersHope

oh...I hate steroid cheeks... I can't stand when insurance companies do stupid things..

I hope it works out for you really fast..

Love,

Jennifer

JennifersHope

oh...I hate steroid cheeks... I can't stand when insurance companies do stupid things..

Love,

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Love,

Jennifer

Jane

Digital opinion leader
MORE health care red tape-grrrrrrrrr!!

We had the same problem with Jesse's sporanox. He was on the liquid for 4 months and we asked our doc for pills instead. Fine, here's the 'script, easy.

BUT NO. The insurance company acted like we were asking for crack. Not approved! Why? Because it is not an approved drug. HMMM, he's had it already for 4 months, why is it ok in liquid but not in pill? No one could tell us. We continued on the liquid until our doctor finally got them to approve it after she wrote two letter telling why he needed it.

Then, she took him off it. I felt like stockpiling it anyway- just because.

Like I said GRRRRRR

Jane

Digital opinion leader

We had the same problem with Jesse's sporanox. He was on the liquid for 4 months and we asked our doc for pills instead. Fine, here's the 'script, easy.

BUT NO. The insurance company acted like we were asking for crack. Not approved! Why? Because it is not an approved drug. HMMM, he's had it already for 4 months, why is it ok in liquid but not in pill? No one could tell us. We continued on the liquid until our doctor finally got them to approve it after she wrote two letter telling why he needed it.

Like I said GRRRRRR

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Like I said GRRRRRR

Diane

Yes this type of situation is irritating. My insurance co. pulls this crap with me as well. Whats funny is they only approve some medications for only a certain amount of months and then want to review if i still need it. Well unless cf can magically disappear i think i will still need it. I Love when they have their "Doctors" review what we can have and what we cant and the funny thing is....most of them cant even pronounce the words cystic fibrosis let alone even have a clue what it is. I also have to get approval every time i get a refill at the pharmacy even when the bottle says 5 refills.

Diane

Yes this type of situation is irritating. My insurance co. pulls this crap with me as well. Whats funny is they only approve some medications for only a certain amount of months and then want to review if i still need it. Well unless cf can magically disappear i think i will still need it. I Love when they have their "Doctors" review what we can have and what we cant and the funny thing is....most of them cant even pronounce the words cystic fibrosis let alone even have a clue what it is. I also have to get approval every time i get a refill at the pharmacy even when the bottle says 5 refills.

Diane