just spilled an entire vile of TOBI

zoeg

I just spilled an entire vile of TOBI!  I am furious with myself because from what I can tell each vile is at least 100$ and I am freaking out it will mess up my daughter's treatment.  We are supposed to do 28 days, now I've messed that up.  Has this happened to anyone else and what did the dr. say?  It's not like this is a run of the mill medicine so I want to make sure my daughter gets this last vile if it is needed.  Luckily we are only a week in so I do have some time to get it if needed.  Any thoughts?  I am soooo angry with myself!!
Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

I just spilled an entire vile of TOBI! I am furious with myself because from what I can tell each vile is at least 100$ and I am freaking out it will mess up my daughter's treatment. We are supposed to do 28 days, now I've messed that up. Has this happened to anyone else and what did the dr. say? It's not like this is a run of the mill medicine so I want to make sure my daughter gets this last vile if it is needed. Luckily we are only a week in so I do have some time to get it if needed. Any thoughts? I am soooo angry with myself!!
Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

<p>I just spilled an entire vile of TOBI! I am furious with myself because from what I can tell each vile is at least 100$ and I am freaking out it will mess up my daughter's treatment. We are supposed to do 28 days, now I've messed that up. Has this happened to anyone else and what did the dr. say? It's not like this is a run of the mill medicine so I want to make sure my daughter gets this last vile if it is needed. Luckily we are only a week in so I do have some time to get it if needed. Any thoughts? I am soooo angry with myself!!
<p>Zoe mom to Kate wCF

hockeykid

I am not sure if your insurance allows you to fill TOBI on the off cycle month. I tend to spill my meds a lot. I always keep an extra box of TOBI on hand in the refrigerator so I can have a full 28 day cycle. Maybe you can fill the TOBI again right before the 28 days is up.

hockeykid

I am not sure if your insurance allows you to fill TOBI on the off cycle month. I tend to spill my meds a lot. I always keep an extra box of TOBI on hand in the refrigerator so I can have a full 28 day cycle. Maybe you can fill the TOBI again right before the 28 days is up.

hockeykid

rubyroselee

Hi Zoe,

Don't fret it...I do it all the time! If she's short one vial this cycle, it's no big deal. There are times when I have put the wrong vial in the wrong neb cup or squeezed it too hard and it missed the neb cup completely (yeah, I'm a clutz).

And just like hockeykid said, I also keep extra vials on-hand...so just refill the meds a little earlier than normal and you will be able to get up a little extra stock.

rubyroselee

Hi Zoe,

Don't fret it...I do it all the time! If she's short one vial this cycle, it's no big deal. There are times when I have put the wrong vial in the wrong neb cup or squeezed it too hard and it missed the neb cup completely (yeah, I'm a clutz).

And just like hockeykid said, I also keep extra vials on-hand...so just refill the meds a little earlier than normal and you will be able to get up a little extra stock.

rubyroselee

Hi Zoe,
<br />
<br />Don't fret it...I do it all the time! If she's short one vial this cycle, it's no big deal. There are times when I have put the wrong vial in the wrong neb cup or squeezed it too hard and it missed the neb cup completely (yeah, I'm a clutz).
<br />
<br />And just like hockeykid said, I also keep extra vials on-hand...so just refill the meds a little earlier than normal and you will be able to get up a little extra stock.

Don't beat yourself up. Do what hokeykid said. It should be fine. Call the doc. I don't think one missing tobi will affect the whole clinical picture.

Gina
Mom to Sophia 3 w/cf, peter and Gavin 23 months w/cf df508 & py849x

Don't beat yourself up. Do what hokeykid said. It should be fine. Call the doc. I don't think one missing tobi will affect the whole clinical picture.

Gina
Mom to Sophia 3 w/cf, peter and Gavin 23 months w/cf df508 & py849x

<br />
<br />Gina
<br />Mom to Sophia 3 w/cf, peter and Gavin 23 months w/cf df508 & py849x

zoeg

Thanks everyone. Been so stressed- this is our first time with TOBI and I am a nervous wreck- both because of the meds but more so the fact that my daughter cultured something. Can I ask what type of nebulizer you all use? We have a Phillips respironics that I am now worried about. I just looked on the TOBI site trying to find out about missing a vile and of course our nebulizer is not listed as one to use. Just great! Does it really matter what type to use? I feel like the worries are never ending with CF. I hate it!

Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

Thanks everyone. Been so stressed- this is our first time with TOBI and I am a nervous wreck- both because of the meds but more so the fact that my daughter cultured something. Can I ask what type of nebulizer you all use? We have a Phillips respironics that I am now worried about. I just looked on the TOBI site trying to find out about missing a vile and of course our nebulizer is not listed as one to use. Just great! Does it really matter what type to use? I feel like the worries are never ending with CF. I hate it!

Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

<br />
<br />Zoe mom to Kate wCF

kirstynkoffs

Take a deep breath. This is part and parcel of life with CF. Sometimes things happen but this one certainly isn't 'health-threatening'. One dose at the end of a 28 day cycle won't make a difference. Just be assured you ARE doing your best for your little girl and doing a great job. It might seem big right now but it's not the end of the world. Don't be so hard on yourself!

kirstynkoffs

Take a deep breath. This is part and parcel of life with CF. Sometimes things happen but this one certainly isn't 'health-threatening'. One dose at the end of a 28 day cycle won't make a difference. Just be assured you ARE doing your best for your little girl and doing a great job. It might seem big right now but it's not the end of the world. Don't be so hard on yourself!

kirstynkoffs

LisaGreene

Zoe,
You are fine. You are a great mom and human, too! :) We've done that (just wait till your daughter is doing it herself; accidents happen). Our doc has told us it's ok to miss a treatment- just one- if something happens. As far as the compressor, I'd call your docs office if they are the ones that ordered it for you. It the Phil Resp. the round one? We had one like that for awhile till it gave up. I THINK it's not the compressor so much as the nebulizer cup that matters but I could be wrong on this.... double check me....

LisaGreene

Zoe,
You are fine. You are a great mom and human, too! :) We've done that (just wait till your daughter is doing it herself; accidents happen). Our doc has told us it's ok to miss a treatment- just one- if something happens. As far as the compressor, I'd call your docs office if they are the ones that ordered it for you. It the Phil Resp. the round one? We had one like that for awhile till it gave up. I THINK it's not the compressor so much as the nebulizer cup that matters but I could be wrong on this.... double check me....