Just to let you know

coltsfan715

In the event that you all were not aware I wanted to let you know.

The CoFounder of The Big Fun Box - Grant Prather passed away Feb 28. By my understanding in the emails that Kurt has gotten he had cancer last year that had been treated and it came back and this time around had spread. He was around 6 years post double lung transplant and though he and I never met (although we grew up in the same town) he seemed like an amazing person.

I just checked my facebook and got the news from his facebook page and Kurt at the same time.

Just to spread the word in the event that any of you were familiar with him - which I know some people on this site were - and would like to know.

Take Care,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

The CoFounder of The Big Fun Box - Grant Prather passed away Feb 28. By my understanding in the emails that Kurt has gotten he had cancer last year that had been treated and it came back and this time around had spread. He was around 6 years post double lung transplant and though he and I never met (although we grew up in the same town) he seemed like an amazing person.

I just checked my facebook and got the news from his facebook page and Kurt at the same time.

Just to spread the word in the event that any of you were familiar with him - which I know some people on this site were - and would like to know.

Take Care,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />The CoFounder of The Big Fun Box - Grant Prather passed away Feb 28. By my understanding in the emails that Kurt has gotten he had cancer last year that had been treated and it came back and this time around had spread. He was around 6 years post double lung transplant and though he and I never met (although we grew up in the same town) he seemed like an amazing person.
<br />
<br />I just checked my facebook and got the news from his facebook page and Kurt at the same time.
<br />
<br />Just to spread the word in the event that any of you were familiar with him - which I know some people on this site were - and would like to know.
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />
<br />Lindsey

ladybug

Thank you for the information about Grant. Though I never knew him, he sounds like a true fighter. May he now be at peace. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

ladybug

Thank you for the information about Grant. Though I never knew him, he sounds like a true fighter. May he now be at peace. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

JazzysMom

I remember him from "The Big Fun Box" campaign. Thanks for letting us know Linds!
<br />
<br />Breathe Easy Grant!

Imogene

Administrator
From Jo ann....Grant's mom:

Dear All,

I am devastated to tell you that Grant died last night. He was back in the hospital and surrounded by friends and family. He was completely out of pain. We promised him we would not prolong his life and his body simply could not handle this last challenge.

We feel relief that he is no longer inside the body that he was too strong for.

I am certain that Grant was a result of God saying, "This is one of my best days ever, I must share it with the world."

Although he desperately wanted to donate his organs, chemo made that impossible - except for his eyes. Someone else will see because of Grant's wishes. Maybe that person will be blessed with a little bit of Grant's view on life, and his fun spirit will continue through The Big Fun Box.

A memorial service will be held later this week and I will send more information when all plans are made.

Love,

Jo Anne

--
Making fun contagious.®

Jo Anne E. McKinney
Co-founder and President
The Big Fun Foundation, Inc.
3375 Picadilly Lane
Jacksonville, FL 32257
904-730-0956 . 904-635-9822
F: 904-379-5939
A 501(c)(3) charitable organization
www.thebigfunbox.org

Mission Statement: To share with pediatric patients and their families ways to use their imaginations to give them comfort and fun in the midst of stressful situations.

Imogene

Administrator

Dear All,

I am devastated to tell you that Grant died last night. He was back in the hospital and surrounded by friends and family. He was completely out of pain. We promised him we would not prolong his life and his body simply could not handle this last challenge.

I am certain that Grant was a result of God saying, "This is one of my best days ever, I must share it with the world."

Although he desperately wanted to donate his organs, chemo made that impossible - except for his eyes. Someone else will see because of Grant's wishes. Maybe that person will be blessed with a little bit of Grant's view on life, and his fun spirit will continue through The Big Fun Box.

A memorial service will be held later this week and I will send more information when all plans are made.

Love,

Jo Anne

--
Making fun contagious.®

Jo Anne E. McKinney
Co-founder and President
3375 Picadilly Lane
Jacksonville, FL 32257
www.thebigfunbox.org

Mission Statement: To share with pediatric patients and their families ways to use their imaginations to give them comfort and fun in the midst of stressful situations.

Imogene

Administrator

Dear All,

Love,

Jo Anne

--
Making fun contagious.®

Jo Anne E. McKinney
Co-founder and President
3375 Picadilly Lane
Jacksonville, FL 32257
www.thebigfunbox.org

Imogene

Administrator

Dear All,

Love,

Jo Anne

--
Making fun contagious.®

Jo Anne E. McKinney
Co-founder and President
3375 Picadilly Lane
Jacksonville, FL 32257
www.thebigfunbox.org

Imogene

Administrator
<br />
<br />Dear All,
<br />
<br />I am devastated to tell you that Grant died last night. He was back in the hospital and surrounded by friends and family. He was completely out of pain. We promised him we would not prolong his life and his body simply could not handle this last challenge.
<br />
<br />We feel relief that he is no longer inside the body that he was too strong for.
<br />
<br />I am certain that Grant was a result of God saying, "This is one of my best days ever, I must share it with the world."
<br />
<br />Although he desperately wanted to donate his organs, chemo made that impossible - except for his eyes. Someone else will see because of Grant's wishes. Maybe that person will be blessed with a little bit of Grant's view on life, and his fun spirit will continue through The Big Fun Box.
<br />
<br />A memorial service will be held later this week and I will send more information when all plans are made.
<br />
<br />Love,
<br />
<br />Jo Anne
<br />
<br />--
<br />Making fun contagious.®
<br />
<br />Jo Anne E. McKinney
<br />Co-founder and President
<br />The Big Fun Foundation, Inc.
<br />3375 Picadilly Lane
<br />Jacksonville, FL 32257
<br />904-730-0956 . 904-635-9822
<br />F: 904-379-5939
<br />A 501(c)(3) charitable organization
<br />www.thebigfunbox.org
<br />
<br />Mission Statement: To share with pediatric patients and their families ways to use their imaginations to give them comfort and fun in the midst of stressful situations.