Kayla started choking again.

kaylasdad

She's going back in the hospital in the morning , she started throwing up
again everytime we tried to give her enzymes . We took her to the cf clinic the nurse tried feeding her baby food without her enzymes in it and she started to choke. She also lost a couple of ounces.
They are going to test her for reflux, check her heart (she had 2 holes in her heart she had to have fixed) going to try the powder enzymes, this time they said they are going to keep her in there untill they figure whats going on with her. She has stalph infection but they didn't want to treat it but they might have to if thats what it is.
We really like her Cf team and have alot of faith in them I'll keep you posted.

kaylasdad

again everytime we tried to give her enzymes . We took her to the cf clinic the nurse tried feeding her baby food without her enzymes in it and she started to choke. She also lost a couple of ounces.
They are going to test her for reflux, check her heart (she had 2 holes in her heart she had to have fixed) going to try the powder enzymes, this time they said they are going to keep her in there untill they figure whats going on with her. She has stalph infection but they didn't want to treat it but they might have to if thats what it is.

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

<br />again everytime we tried to give her enzymes . We took her to the cf clinic the nurse tried feeding her baby food without her enzymes in it and she started to choke. She also lost a couple of ounces.
<br />They are going to test her for reflux, check her heart (she had 2 holes in her heart she had to have fixed) going to try the powder enzymes, this time they said they are going to keep her in there untill they figure whats going on with her. She has stalph infection but they didn't want to treat it but they might have to if thats what it is.
<br />We really like her Cf team and have alot of faith in them I'll keep you posted.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully it's just something simple and that they figure it out and get her back home with you.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully it's just something simple and that they figure it out and get her back home with you.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

folione

If it helps to know of other's experience, when my boy was an infant, if we gave him a bite of something he did not like, he would be so repulsed that he would stop swallowing with the food half-way down and make himself gag and retch..resulting in vomiting from mouth and nose, which of course made him gag/choke even more. Nothing we did would make him stop his over-reacting but eventually I think he got the idea that it was better to finish the swallow and then clamp his mouth shut to let us know his displeasure.

He also had terrible reflux until about 14 months and food/formula would literally just roll up and out if we laid him down - he spent most of those 14 months being held day and night (the sleeping wedge didn't work because he wriggled off it or ended up head-down.).

folione

If it helps to know of other's experience, when my boy was an infant, if we gave him a bite of something he did not like, he would be so repulsed that he would stop swallowing with the food half-way down and make himself gag and retch..resulting in vomiting from mouth and nose, which of course made him gag/choke even more. Nothing we did would make him stop his over-reacting but eventually I think he got the idea that it was better to finish the swallow and then clamp his mouth shut to let us know his displeasure.

He also had terrible reflux until about 14 months and food/formula would literally just roll up and out if we laid him down - he spent most of those 14 months being held day and night (the sleeping wedge didn't work because he wriggled off it or ended up head-down.).

folione

folione

folione

<br />
<br />He also had terrible reflux until about 14 months and food/formula would literally just roll up and out if we laid him down - he spent most of those 14 months being held day and night (the sleeping wedge didn't work because he wriggled off it or ended up head-down.).