Keeping your weight up

blondelawyer

My husband is interested in hearing how you have been successful in keeping your weight up. He is pretty small and wants to gain some, but in general has a poor appetite.

Also, he has CFRD, so he is particularly interested in those of you that have this as well and what you do.

Julie/Mark: He is particularly interested in Mark's routine (I was telling him about your success and he wanted to know what you did).

Thanks!

Lisa

blondelawyer

My husband is interested in hearing how you have been successful in keeping your weight up. He is pretty small and wants to gain some, but in general has a poor appetite.

Also, he has CFRD, so he is particularly interested in those of you that have this as well and what you do.

Julie/Mark: He is particularly interested in Mark's routine (I was telling him about your success and he wanted to know what you did).

Thanks!

Lisa

blondelawyer

Thanks!

Lisa

blondelawyer

Thanks!

Lisa

blondelawyer

Thanks!

Lisa

DarbSkull

Honestly, the biggest thing for me has been staying healthy. The frequent IVs handle that. Before I started doing IVs for 3 weeks every 3 months, I would gain a little weight and lose it again the next time I got sick. Lately I've managed to stedily gain weight and keep it on.<br>
<br>
Another thing that I think helps is that when I'm not hungry I have at least a Scandishake instead of skipping the meal. I used to be a notorious meal skipper. Now I try pretty hard not to skip meals.

DarbSkull

Honestly, the biggest thing for me has been staying healthy. The frequent IVs handle that. Before I started doing IVs for 3 weeks every 3 months, I would gain a little weight and lose it again the next time I got sick. Lately I've managed to stedily gain weight and keep it on.<br>
<br>
Another thing that I think helps is that when I'm not hungry I have at least a Scandishake instead of skipping the meal. I used to be a notorious meal skipper. Now I try pretty hard not to skip meals.

DarbSkull

<br>

DarbSkull

<br>

DarbSkull

<br>

barbc888

I gained about 5-7 lbs. recently, and I think it's because I've been really good about adding more protein to my diet, especially before bedtime, and it helps keep my blood sugars more stable too.

barbc888

I gained about 5-7 lbs. recently, and I think it's because I've been really good about adding more protein to my diet, especially before bedtime, and it helps keep my blood sugars more stable too.

barbc888

barbc888

barbc888

married2cfer

My husband has the same issues. It has helped alot to supplement with VHC drinks, they are 560 calories per serving, with breakfast & lunch. Then, he increases his carb intake, 3 servings per meal instead of one. He has gained about 8 pounds over the last 3 months.

married2cfer

My husband has the same issues. It has helped alot to supplement with VHC drinks, they are 560 calories per serving, with breakfast & lunch. Then, he increases his carb intake, 3 servings per meal instead of one. He has gained about 8 pounds over the last 3 months.

married2cfer

married2cfer

married2cfer