Kidney damage

anonymous

Hello everyone, I am worried lately about the damage that antibiotics would cause to my kidneys especially that on antibiotics permenantly. Are there any tips you can offer me to avoid such damages. Is there anyone who developed some kidney problems from the huge intake of antibiotics.

anonymous

You can try to detox. When ever I go off antibiotics, I do a few days of clensing depending on how long the cycle was. I don't use caffiene or alcohol. I drink water, juices (cranberry is good for this)and herbal tea only. To do a real detox, you're supposed to fast and only eat certain foods, ect. But we can't afford to do this nor should we try. I avoid junk food, increase my veggie and fruit intake, eat alot of protien. It take some extra work to make sure you're getting the calories w/o the junk. Ask the dietician at your clinic what you can do to protect your kidneys. Good luckDebbie 22 yr old w/ cf

Cindo

Great advice Debbie.I do a bit of a detox too. Plenty of juice and water, plenty of veggies, particularly green leafy plants - spinach etc, and nuts in the shell taste great, aren't sprayed with preservatives (the shell is the preservative) and contain heaps of calcium - good for bones - good fats and calories. I find nuts in shell hard to find but my health food store gets it in for me, and Xmas time there are heaps around. Another great one is almond milk - available in health section of supermarkets - it's an almond juice kind of thing non-dairy - supposed to be better and tastes great. Don't be afraid to attack the health section. Wheatgerm oil I use on salads - loaded with Vitamin E for tissue repair - the kidneys will love it. but all in all, if you have the energy and appetite, WATER is sooo good for the elimination organs - kidneys, lymph glands, liver, skin, etc. Good luck