Kidney Disease / Kidney Transplant

rotandroll

As my kidney function fails faster than my lungs, I am wondering how many of you have experienced problems with your kidneys. I have nephropathy related problems, but also extensive damage from years of antibiotic use. Today I was informed that my kidneys have permanently loss over 90% of their function and while it is possible that I function fine for a time, it is likely I am soon facing the need of a kidney transplant. I vaguely remember someone on this board who has had a kidney transplant. Anyone else, or anyone facing similar issues?

rotandroll

As my kidney function fails faster than my lungs, I am wondering how many of you have experienced problems with your kidneys. I have nephropathy related problems, but also extensive damage from years of antibiotic use. Today I was informed that my kidneys have permanently loss over 90% of their function and while it is possible that I function fine for a time, it is likely I am soon facing the need of a kidney transplant. I vaguely remember someone on this board who has had a kidney transplant. Anyone else, or anyone facing similar issues?

rotandroll

rotandroll

rotandroll

lightNlife

Years ago my kidneys were only functioning at 90%. It scared the snot out of my doctors and my family. They put me on an extremely low protein diet for awhile, kept very close tabs on my diet and hydration, and eventually my renal function was restored.

Granted, that's probably not the norm. I think it's one of those out of the ordinary experiences that I choose to believe was the result of divine intervention.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with your renal function. I hope you'll be able to hang in there and eventually regain some function. The good thing about kidney transplants is that you can get one from a living donor.

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

Years ago my kidneys were only functioning at 90%. It scared the snot out of my doctors and my family. They put me on an extremely low protein diet for awhile, kept very close tabs on my diet and hydration, and eventually my renal function was restored.

Granted, that's probably not the norm. I think it's one of those out of the ordinary experiences that I choose to believe was the result of divine intervention.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with your renal function. I hope you'll be able to hang in there and eventually regain some function. The good thing about kidney transplants is that you can get one from a living donor.

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

All the best,
Lauren

lightNlife

All the best,
Lauren

rotandroll

Thanks for responding, Lauren. I doubt that I will recover from less than 10% renal function. Unfortunately I've been having problems for several years and it's just getting continually worst. I just had a crap-fest-wake-up today hearing just how low the numbers actually are. I welcome divine intervention to strike me at any time!

Take care.

rotandroll

Thanks for responding, Lauren. I doubt that I will recover from less than 10% renal function. Unfortunately I've been having problems for several years and it's just getting continually worst. I just had a crap-fest-wake-up today hearing just how low the numbers actually are. I welcome divine intervention to strike me at any time!

Take care.

rotandroll

Take care.

rotandroll

Take care.

rotandroll

Take care.

rotandroll

Hate to be a pain but I'm going to bump this to keep it on the front page so hopefully the user (I can't remember who) who is post kidney transplant will see this. Sorry.

rotandroll

Hate to be a pain but I'm going to bump this to keep it on the front page so hopefully the user (I can't remember who) who is post kidney transplant will see this. Sorry.

rotandroll

rotandroll

rotandroll