Kids dumping the meds!

pnhuffman

I am having troubles with Austin and his nebbed meds. I get them all ready for him to do and it seems like with in 10 minutes he is done with all three. I will have them setting out for him. I go on with getting Kaydan ready for school and such. But when I check in on him he is done.

Hmmm! I believe he is dumping the meds out. It's not like it is interferring with anything. He does them while he is watching cartoons in the morning.

Any suggestions on what to say to him or do to him for dumping these meds?

pnhuffman

I am having troubles with Austin and his nebbed meds. I get them all ready for him to do and it seems like with in 10 minutes he is done with all three. I will have them setting out for him. I go on with getting Kaydan ready for school and such. But when I check in on him he is done.

Hmmm! I believe he is dumping the meds out. It's not like it is interferring with anything. He does them while he is watching cartoons in the morning.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

<br />
<br />Hmmm! I believe he is dumping the meds out. It's not like it is interferring with anything. He does them while he is watching cartoons in the morning.
<br />
<br />Any suggestions on what to say to him or do to him for dumping these meds?

vmhoward

Garran used to do this and basically you just have to be firm with him and let him know that he can't do that.

We have always been of the mindset that just because Garran has this illness that does not excuse bad behavior. this has helped alot when we are in the hospital and he wants to try and be nasty to the nurses etc... He just needs to know how important it is.

hope this helps.

vmhoward

Garran used to do this and basically you just have to be firm with him and let him know that he can't do that.

We have always been of the mindset that just because Garran has this illness that does not excuse bad behavior. this has helped alot when we are in the hospital and he wants to try and be nasty to the nurses etc... He just needs to know how important it is.

hope this helps.

vmhoward

hope this helps.

vmhoward

hope this helps.

vmhoward

<br />
<br />We have always been of the mindset that just because Garran has this illness that does not excuse bad behavior. this has helped alot when we are in the hospital and he wants to try and be nasty to the nurses etc... He just needs to know how important it is.
<br />
<br />hope this helps.

JazzysMom

Somehow you have to get it through to him. That is a lot of waste of $$ that someone else could be using for meds. Not to mention that since he isnt diligent about his vest it is even more imperative for his health.

I know there is only so much of you, but IMHO you have to figure out how to watch Austin do it while getting Kaydan ready. Maybe bring Kaydans clothes, food etc into where Austin is & that just leaves washing him up in the bathroom.

Its never ending with kids, but CFers dont have the leeway that healthy kids do.

What I love is that he really thinks he is fooling you LOL!

BTW I do agree with Victoria that CF doesnt give a free pass for bad behavior & he has to realize that as well as the waste & affect on his health.

JazzysMom

Somehow you have to get it through to him. That is a lot of waste of $$ that someone else could be using for meds. Not to mention that since he isnt diligent about his vest it is even more imperative for his health.

I know there is only so much of you, but IMHO you have to figure out how to watch Austin do it while getting Kaydan ready. Maybe bring Kaydans clothes, food etc into where Austin is & that just leaves washing him up in the bathroom.

Its never ending with kids, but CFers dont have the leeway that healthy kids do.

BTW I do agree with Victoria that CF doesnt give a free pass for bad behavior & he has to realize that as well as the waste & affect on his health.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I know there is only so much of you, but IMHO you have to figure out how to watch Austin do it while getting Kaydan ready. Maybe bring Kaydans clothes, food etc into where Austin is & that just leaves washing him up in the bathroom.
<br />
<br />Its never ending with kids, but CFers dont have the leeway that healthy kids do.
<br />
<br />What I love is that he really thinks he is fooling you LOL!
<br />
<br />BTW I do agree with Victoria that CF doesnt give a free pass for bad behavior & he has to realize that as well as the waste & affect on his health.

T

TonyaH

Andrew has never intentionally dumped his meds, but I've caught him sitting with the neb in his mouth and breathing through his nose. We had a long talk about not only his health, but the amount of money the meds cost. I don't want him to feel that his illness is a financial burden, but just as we explain how food costs money and should not be wasted, the same goes for his meds. I explained that 30 carpules of pulmozyme costs the same as a used car and that we buy the meds to keep him healthy. Maybe try equating the cost of the nebs to something he can understand. ie...Your pulmozyme for December costs the same as 10 Wii consoles. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

Andrew has never intentionally dumped his meds, but I've caught him sitting with the neb in his mouth and breathing through his nose. We had a long talk about not only his health, but the amount of money the meds cost. I don't want him to feel that his illness is a financial burden, but just as we explain how food costs money and should not be wasted, the same goes for his meds. I explained that 30 carpules of pulmozyme costs the same as a used car and that we buy the meds to keep him healthy. Maybe try equating the cost of the nebs to something he can understand. ie...Your pulmozyme for December costs the same as 10 Wii consoles. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH