LADIES- CF and MENOPAUSE!

Vampy

My mother in law has been with us for a while now, 3 months, and she has noticed some signs that she says is menopausal. I just turned 27 and i previously thought so too. Weight gain (unexplainable) mood swings, hot flashes night sweats. I looked as much as i could and found that some cf patients go through premature menopause...is anyone having this, is it true? what next.

Beccamom

My mother in law has been with us for a while now, 3 months, and she has noticed some signs that she says is menopausal. I just turned 27 and i previously thought so too. Weight gain (unexplainable) mood swings, hot flashes night sweats. I looked as much as i could and found that some cf patients go through premature menopause...is anyone having this, is it true? what next.

I'm 36 37 this June and I am not going through menopause.

JustDucky

Agree, you should see your OB/GYN...you could very well be going through peri menopause. I am 41 and am definitely going through that...not menopausal yet, but definitely noticing some changes (late unpredictable periods, occ. hot flashes, skin and hair changes etc). 27 is young, but not unheard of...as far as hot flashes, are you sure it isn't related to infection? I know I get horrific sweats whenever my lungs are acting up...but usually at night. The night sweats also come with the infections. Either way, you should be checked out just to make sure...
Jenn 41 wCF