Late diagnosis due to child's testing

Beccamom

I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with CF yesterday. It explains all of my symptoms. Has anyone else been diagnosed because of their children's testing. each of my children have a different mutation and apparently they both came from me verses my husband.

JustDucky

No, but I just want to say I hope things are better for you now that you have a proper diagnosis. It must have floored you! I have been following your quest to get a diagnosis for your daughter and it turns out this way. I do know there are a few people on this forum who did get a diagnosis as a result of getting their child tested, don't remember their handles though.

Jenn 40 wCF

Beccamom

Welshwitch, my symptoms were chronic sinus infection, constant mucus despite 4 1/2 years of allergy shots, recurring pneumonia and bronchitis, and asthma diagnosis. It turns out according my PFTs I have no asthma component as my lung disease is obstructive with no improvement with albuterol. My IgE was exetremly low normal and I am told I have sensitive skin no allergies.

I only did the genetics because I was trying to convince my insurance compay to pay for Ambry for my daughter. Now with Hypersal I already feel better and I am hoping with mucus clearance my energy will increase with increased lung function.

Beccamom

I forgot to mention I think what saved my lungs for so long was cross country running junior high and high school followed by required running for the military. My symptoms got worst on bed rest with my daughter who is 10 and I just never seemed to recover lung or sinus wise.