latest news about a cure of cf?

2perfectboys

Don't be RUDE Amy. Relat don't ever let someone make u feel your question is stupid, is it a valid on. And just a side note, the media is slow to tell somethings or don't always tell the accurate picture. I would say the latest news about a cure is that there really hasn't been any news. When the CF gene was first discovered in 1989 they saiid a cure would be found in 10 years. wel that came and went a long time ago. Gene therephy was looked at as promising at one time, but there has really be no suces with that. So all we can do is sit and wait and see what happens in the next 10, 20, or 30 years and hope. I think it's great u r on here for your brother. Learn all about CF. Do a google search or go to the cystic fibrosis foundation site and read all about it. www.cff.org.

2perfectboys

Don't be RUDE Amy. Relat don't ever let someone make u feel your question is stupid, is it a valid on. And just a side note, the media is slow to tell somethings or don't always tell the accurate picture. I would say the latest news about a cure is that there really hasn't been any news. When the CF gene was first discovered in 1989 they saiid a cure would be found in 10 years. wel that came and went a long time ago. Gene therephy was looked at as promising at one time, but there has really be no suces with that. So all we can do is sit and wait and see what happens in the next 10, 20, or 30 years and hope. I think it's great u r on here for your brother. Learn all about CF. Do a google search or go to the cystic fibrosis foundation site and read all about it. www.cff.org.

2perfectboys

relat

2perfectboys,it' ok with sakasuka,thanks!i asked because somebody may have read something i don't.it's easier for you in America to learn something than me in Greece because there is rechearch taking place in your country .Well i am here for my brother because cf affects my life everyday,i feel as i live with cf(although its different,he suffers).Lets hope there will be a cure...

relat,27,having brother w/cf 26

relat

2perfectboys,it' ok with sakasuka,thanks!i asked because somebody may have read something i don't.it's easier for you in America to learn something than me in Greece because there is rechearch taking place in your country .Well i am here for my brother because cf affects my life everyday,i feel as i live with cf(although its different,he suffers).Lets hope there will be a cure...

relat

Prussian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>relat</b></i>

Do you have some news anybody?What's up?

relat</end quote></div>

Yes thee is some exciting news. In the UK they have begun a massive trial (over 200 cf patients) using compacted DNA as a method for delivering CFTR corrector gene. It has shown great promise on lab rats and has even reversed CF on human lung tissue tested in the laboratory. Germany is going to conducting similar studies in the near future. Don't give up hope! When I find the link I will post it here.

Prussian

relat</end quote></div>

Yes thee is some exciting news. In the UK they have begun a massive trial (over 200 cf patients) using compacted DNA as a method for delivering CFTR corrector gene. It has shown great promise on lab rats and has even reversed CF on human lung tissue tested in the laboratory. Germany is going to conducting similar studies in the near future. Don't give up hope! When I find the link I will post it here.

Prussian

relat</end quote></div>

Prussian

Here is the link: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.24dash.com/health/13829.htm
">http://www.24dash.com/health/13829.htm
</a>
Also, there is denufosol(sp?) which acts as a chloride channel blocker enabling the lungs to become much more hydrated which in turn gives the Cilia that lines the lungs much greater ability at clearing mucus. It is currently in phase III trials in the United States and if it is successful will correct one of the major underlying defects associated with cf.

Prussian

Here is the link: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.24dash.com/health/13829.htm
</a>
Also, there is denufosol(sp?) which acts as a chloride channel blocker enabling the lungs to become much more hydrated which in turn gives the Cilia that lines the lungs much greater ability at clearing mucus. It is currently in phase III trials in the United States and if it is successful will correct one of the major underlying defects associated with cf.

Prussian

</a>