Learning about CF

H

hopesiris

We experienced finding a second mutation using the Ambry 1500 panel but it wasn't in our baby, it was in me. Turns out I have CF when at first the basic test done while I was pregnant only caught one of my mutations. It wasn't a complete shock because I have a history of respiratory issues but my point is that CF does get missed sometimes. Unfortunately the test is very expensive (about 3K) and insurance probably won't cover it since you don't show symptoms of CF.

H

hopesiris

We experienced finding a second mutation using the Ambry 1500 panel but it wasn't in our baby, it was in me. Turns out I have CF when at first the basic test done while I was pregnant only caught one of my mutations. It wasn't a complete shock because I have a history of respiratory issues but my point is that CF does get missed sometimes. Unfortunately the test is very expensive (about 3K) and insurance probably won't cover it since you don't show symptoms of CF.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

Nudad

Thank You.Congrats to you and your husband as well. This being our first it is hard not to worry about all the things you have no control over. I will try to enjoy this time and not be to concerned about the many things that are not up to us.

Having learned what I have about CF, my heart goes out to all the people who bravely endure the effects and many challenges that CF provides.

Nudad

Thank You.Congrats to you and your husband as well. This being our first it is hard not to worry about all the things you have no control over. I will try to enjoy this time and not be to concerned about the many things that are not up to us.

Having learned what I have about CF, my heart goes out to all the people who bravely endure the effects and many challenges that CF provides.

Nudad

Nudad

Nudad

<br />
<br />Having learned what I have about CF, my heart goes out to all the people who bravely endure the effects and many challenges that CF provides.

cyn

I could not agree more with what the others have said. I was diagnosed with CF at age 2 using the sweat test method. However, if they were using today's blood tests and the basic panel they would have only diagnosed me as a carrier. They had to use the Ambry 1500 panel to find my second mutation. Whatever the case, even if you were found to be a carrier using the 1500 panel there is only a 25% chance that the baby would have CF. Congratulations on fatherhood!!! And good luck to you with all issues of having a new baby including the possibility of health problems! ;o)

cyn

I could not agree more with what the others have said. I was diagnosed with CF at age 2 using the sweat test method. However, if they were using today's blood tests and the basic panel they would have only diagnosed me as a carrier. They had to use the Ambry 1500 panel to find my second mutation. Whatever the case, even if you were found to be a carrier using the 1500 panel there is only a 25% chance that the baby would have CF. Congratulations on fatherhood!!! And good luck to you with all issues of having a new baby including the possibility of health problems! ;o)

cyn

cyn

cyn