Leg Aches When Walking - Causes?

jamie6girl

So I started walking and exercising a few weeks ago, and I have felt so much better! Woo Hoo! I've even gotten past the phase of feeling like my lungs were going to burst from being out of breath. I cam easily walk now without feeling like I'm going to die! :) Lung function is back up to 40% (back up from like 23%!) <br><br>
However, the past few times I've went walking, I've gotten horrible pains in my lower legs, shin, ankles area. Anyone know what could cause this?<br><br>
I dont' understand why it's just now starting. I'm taking a whole lot of vitamins and supplements and I just got back on my Source CF vitamin , so I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting too much of something?<br><br>
If anyone has a chance, can you take a look at the list below to see if you notice anything off the top of your head that could cause these leg aches? <br><br>It's greatly appreciated.<br><br>
Aciphphilus <br>
Prenatal Vitamin<br>
Source CF<br>
Co Q-10 <br>
Cod Liver Oil <br>
Fish Oil <br>
Garlic <br>
Magnesium <br>
Vit C <br>
Calcium + Vit D <br>
Zinc <br>
<br><br>
Prednisone 10 mg (once a day)<br><br>
Zyrtec ( I think this one is the only other thing different)<br>
Mucinex

jamie6girl

So I started walking and exercising a few weeks ago, and I have felt so much better! Woo Hoo! I've even gotten past the phase of feeling like my lungs were going to burst from being out of breath. I cam easily walk now without feeling like I'm going to die! :) Lung function is back up to 40% (back up from like 23%!) <br><br>
However, the past few times I've went walking, I've gotten horrible pains in my lower legs, shin, ankles area. Anyone know what could cause this?<br><br>
I dont' understand why it's just now starting. I'm taking a whole lot of vitamins and supplements and I just got back on my Source CF vitamin , so I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting too much of something?<br><br>
If anyone has a chance, can you take a look at the list below to see if you notice anything off the top of your head that could cause these leg aches? <br><br>It's greatly appreciated.<br><br>
Aciphphilus <br>
Prenatal Vitamin<br>
Source CF<br>
Co Q-10 <br>
Cod Liver Oil <br>
Fish Oil <br>
Garlic <br>
Magnesium <br>
Vit C <br>
Calcium + Vit D <br>
Zinc <br>
<br><br>
Mucinex

jamie6girl

Aciphphilus <br>
Prenatal Vitamin<br>
Source CF<br>
Co Q-10 <br>
Cod Liver Oil <br>
Fish Oil <br>
Garlic <br>
Magnesium <br>
Vit C <br>
Calcium + Vit D <br>
Zinc <br>
<br><br>
Mucinex

jamie6girl

Aciphphilus <br>
Prenatal Vitamin<br>
Source CF<br>
Co Q-10 <br>
Cod Liver Oil <br>
Fish Oil <br>
Garlic <br>
Magnesium <br>
Vit C <br>
Calcium + Vit D <br>
Zinc <br>
<br><br>
Mucinex

jamie6girl

Aciphphilus <br>
Prenatal Vitamin<br>
Source CF<br>
Co Q-10 <br>
Cod Liver Oil <br>
Fish Oil <br>
Garlic <br>
Magnesium <br>
Vit C <br>
Calcium + Vit D <br>
Zinc <br>
<br><br>
Mucinex

coltsfan715

Hi there,

I am not sure how hard you have been pushing it when you walk but is it possible you have shin splints. It also depends on the kidn of pain - if it is more like muscle cramps it is most likely NOT shin splints.

I only mention that because I know if you are not used to the activity and you start out running or jogging or walking very aggressively you can get this.

Also the first thing I thought of simply because I have this issue is low magnesium level. I also take magnesium supplements - 800 mg twice a day and I still get the calf cramps.

Hope you figure out what it is.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,

I am not sure how hard you have been pushing it when you walk but is it possible you have shin splints. It also depends on the kidn of pain - if it is more like muscle cramps it is most likely NOT shin splints.

I only mention that because I know if you are not used to the activity and you start out running or jogging or walking very aggressively you can get this.

Also the first thing I thought of simply because I have this issue is low magnesium level. I also take magnesium supplements - 800 mg twice a day and I still get the calf cramps.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,
<br />
<br /> I am not sure how hard you have been pushing it when you walk but is it possible you have shin splints. It also depends on the kidn of pain - if it is more like muscle cramps it is most likely NOT shin splints.
<br />
<br />I only mention that because I know if you are not used to the activity and you start out running or jogging or walking very aggressively you can get this.
<br />
<br />Also the first thing I thought of simply because I have this issue is low magnesium level. I also take magnesium supplements - 800 mg twice a day and I still get the calf cramps.
<br />
<br />Hope you figure out what it is.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

H

hopesiris

If you have shin splints you will likely feel tenderness if you run your fingers over the boney area on the front of your lower leg.

H

hopesiris

If you have shin splints you will likely feel tenderness if you run your fingers over the boney area on the front of your lower leg.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

jamie6girl

Hmm... No tenderness on the lower leg. Thanks for your advice. If anyone else has had experience with this, please feel free to let me know what to do! :) <br><br>
I've been taking the walking thing pretty slow. I started out just doing some jumping jacks and little things around my apartment for maybe ten minutes at a time.. Then I started walking outside. I've steadily been getting faster, without pushing myself. I don't understand why it would just start. <br><br>
I haven't been eating very well lately. I wonder if junk food could cause it?

jamie6girl

Hmm... No tenderness on the lower leg. Thanks for your advice. If anyone else has had experience with this, please feel free to let me know what to do! :) <br><br>
I've been taking the walking thing pretty slow. I started out just doing some jumping jacks and little things around my apartment for maybe ten minutes at a time.. Then I started walking outside. I've steadily been getting faster, without pushing myself. I don't understand why it would just start. <br><br>

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl