letter to raise money

mtgreen30

If anyone could read this and tell me what you think. We are going to send the letter to local business any input would be great.

Thanks

Dear Business:

My name is Megan Tanner and my son and I have made a commitment to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to participate in their annual nationwide walk event called GREAT STRIDES: Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis. I am writing to ask for your help and to enlist your support for this most worthwhile event.

Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. More than 10 million Americans are symptomless carriers of the defective CF gene. Much progress has been made toward finding a cure for CF, however, the CF Foundation's work is far from over, as precious young lives continue to be lost to this disease.

My family and I are all affected by CF as my son Cody has the disease. He has been living with CF for 11 years. He does aerosols and uses the Vest which helps knock the mucus from his lungs 4 times a day. He also has to take multiple medications throughout the day. He is admitted to the hospital 3-4 times a year for "clean-outs" which is intense I.V. therapy, aerosols, and pounding of his chest every 3 hours for 2 weeks at a time.
On May 5, 2007 we will be walking with a large group of family and friends at Ottawa Park in honor of Cody. Collectively, our team would like to raise more than 2000.00 dollars to support the vital research and care programs of the CF Foundation.

Here is where you can help! Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Great Strides walk for whatever your budget will allow- to help further vital CF research. You may send a check, made payable to the "Cystic Fibrosis Foundation," to Megan Tanner 4203 Birchall Rd. Toledo, Ohio 43612. Or, you can donate online at www.cff.org/great strides. Just type my name in under "Find a Walker"-it's simple! Please know that not only would I be grateful for your support, but so would the tens of thousands of people who live with CF every day. Through your support the life expectancy of someone with CF has been extended to 28 years of age.

Your contribution will enable the CF Foundation to take full advantage of the tremendous opportunities in CF research that are now on the horizon. The path to finding a cure for CF is paved with numerous research opportunities-anyone of which could have a profound impact on the lives of those with the disease. The only thing standing in the way of a cure is additional money to fund this life-saving research. Your support allows us to give children and adults with CF the quality of life and future they deserve.

Thank you for supporting this important cause!

Sincerely,
to help raise money for Cody's Crew for the walk

mtgreen30

If anyone could read this and tell me what you think. We are going to send the letter to local business any input would be great.

Thanks

Dear Business:

My name is Megan Tanner and my son and I have made a commitment to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to participate in their annual nationwide walk event called GREAT STRIDES: Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis. I am writing to ask for your help and to enlist your support for this most worthwhile event.

Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. More than 10 million Americans are symptomless carriers of the defective CF gene. Much progress has been made toward finding a cure for CF, however, the CF Foundation's work is far from over, as precious young lives continue to be lost to this disease.

My family and I are all affected by CF as my son Cody has the disease. He has been living with CF for 11 years. He does aerosols and uses the Vest which helps knock the mucus from his lungs 4 times a day. He also has to take multiple medications throughout the day. He is admitted to the hospital 3-4 times a year for "clean-outs" which is intense I.V. therapy, aerosols, and pounding of his chest every 3 hours for 2 weeks at a time.
On May 5, 2007 we will be walking with a large group of family and friends at Ottawa Park in honor of Cody. Collectively, our team would like to raise more than 2000.00 dollars to support the vital research and care programs of the CF Foundation.

Here is where you can help! Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Great Strides walk for whatever your budget will allow- to help further vital CF research. You may send a check, made payable to the "Cystic Fibrosis Foundation," to Megan Tanner 4203 Birchall Rd. Toledo, Ohio 43612. Or, you can donate online at www.cff.org/great strides. Just type my name in under "Find a Walker"-it's simple! Please know that not only would I be grateful for your support, but so would the tens of thousands of people who live with CF every day. Through your support the life expectancy of someone with CF has been extended to 28 years of age.

Your contribution will enable the CF Foundation to take full advantage of the tremendous opportunities in CF research that are now on the horizon. The path to finding a cure for CF is paved with numerous research opportunities-anyone of which could have a profound impact on the lives of those with the disease. The only thing standing in the way of a cure is additional money to fund this life-saving research. Your support allows us to give children and adults with CF the quality of life and future they deserve.

Sincerely,

mtgreen30

Thanks

Dear Business:

Sincerely,

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Might want to doublecheck the date you have on there -- says May 6, 2006 -- I imagine your walk is the same day as ours -- May 5th.

I pretty much use the same template, but I put a photo of DS on the upper righthand corner and the greatstrides logo on the bottom of the page.

I also have a note in there with my email address -- "if you'd prefer to donate online, please email me at ___ and I'll send you the link"

The CFF reps say the prefer people donate online 'cuz they tend to donate greater amounts, but we haven't had much luck. We've done better with the mail out campaign.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Might want to doublecheck the date you have on there -- says May 6, 2006 -- I imagine your walk is the same day as ours -- May 5th.

I pretty much use the same template, but I put a photo of DS on the upper righthand corner and the greatstrides logo on the bottom of the page.

I also have a note in there with my email address -- "if you'd prefer to donate online, please email me at ___ and I'll send you the link"

The CFF reps say the prefer people donate online 'cuz they tend to donate greater amounts, but we haven't had much luck. We've done better with the mail out campaign.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Darinsmom

I think your letter is great! I'm working on one for our friends and family. I do want to send one to local businesses. Do you mind if I use some of your ideas in you letter?

Thanks,
Laurie

Darinsmom

I think your letter is great! I'm working on one for our friends and family. I do want to send one to local businesses. Do you mind if I use some of your ideas in you letter?

Thanks,
Laurie

Darinsmom

Thanks,
Laurie

denisemarie

I think your letter sounds good too. I am also sending out letters for the Great Stride Walk in Staten Island, NY. My 4 year old son has CF.
In my letter, I briefly mentioned about CF and made a second page of the following: (I copied this from a flyer I had) Good luck with your walk!!!!!

Denise
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Cystic Fibrosis and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Cystic Fibrosis (CF), a genetic disease, occurs when someone is born with two copies of the defective CF gene - one from each parent. More than 10 million Americans (one in 31) are symptomless carriers of one copy of that gene.

CF causes the body to produce an abnormally thick, sticky mucus, which clogs the airways and leads to life-threatening lung infections. The thick CF mucus also obstructs the pancreas, preventing enzymes from reaching the intestines to break down and digest food.

The symptoms of CF are diverse, vary in severity, and can be confused with frequent pneumonia or asthma. The diagnostic test for CF is called the sweat test and it measures the amount of salt in a person's sweat. An abnormally high salt level indicates that a person has CF. Approximately 30,000 children and young adults in the United States have CF.

When the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation began in 1955, few children with CF lived to attend elementary school. Today, the median age of survival for a person with CF extends into the early 30's. Research is making a real difference; yet, precious lives continue to be lost. More must be done. The CF Foundation believes that an investment in CF medical research is an investment in the present and future of all people with the disease.

When CF Foundation-supported scientists discovered the CF gene in1989, they launched a new era in the campaign to defeat this life-threatening disease. Technology has since been developed to find therapies to treat the root cause of CF and not just the symptoms. Researchers supported by the CF Foundation have been able to quickly translate what they have learned about the CF gene and CF cells into nearly two dozen clinical trials for promising new treatments.

Although much work remains, the CF Foundation has earned significant respect within the medical community for its innovative strategies aimed at curing this disease. The CF Foundation has garnered such respect for four primary reasons: 1) It established a strong focus on research; 2) It realized and accepted the need to take sizable risks to reap exceptional rewards; 3) it has provided unified leadership as a champion for the entire CF community; and 4) It has proven to be an efficient investor, with more than 90 cents of every dollar raised going directly to support vital CF program.

With the launch of Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics, (CFFT), the CF Foundation has been able to further structure its programs and activities to reap the largest possible benefit. CFFT is the nonprofit drug discovery and development affiliate of the CF Foundation, CFFT, and many volunteers and donors, is painting a very bright future for the development of significant, and even lifesaving new treatments for people with CF.

To learn more about CF and the services and programs available to people with CF, visit www.cff.org or call (800) FIGHT CF.

denisemarie

I think your letter sounds good too. I am also sending out letters for the Great Stride Walk in Staten Island, NY. My 4 year old son has CF.
In my letter, I briefly mentioned about CF and made a second page of the following: (I copied this from a flyer I had) Good luck with your walk!!!!!

Denise
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cystic Fibrosis (CF), a genetic disease, occurs when someone is born with two copies of the defective CF gene - one from each parent. More than 10 million Americans (one in 31) are symptomless carriers of one copy of that gene.

CF causes the body to produce an abnormally thick, sticky mucus, which clogs the airways and leads to life-threatening lung infections. The thick CF mucus also obstructs the pancreas, preventing enzymes from reaching the intestines to break down and digest food.

The symptoms of CF are diverse, vary in severity, and can be confused with frequent pneumonia or asthma. The diagnostic test for CF is called the sweat test and it measures the amount of salt in a person's sweat. An abnormally high salt level indicates that a person has CF. Approximately 30,000 children and young adults in the United States have CF.

When the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation began in 1955, few children with CF lived to attend elementary school. Today, the median age of survival for a person with CF extends into the early 30's. Research is making a real difference; yet, precious lives continue to be lost. More must be done. The CF Foundation believes that an investment in CF medical research is an investment in the present and future of all people with the disease.

When CF Foundation-supported scientists discovered the CF gene in1989, they launched a new era in the campaign to defeat this life-threatening disease. Technology has since been developed to find therapies to treat the root cause of CF and not just the symptoms. Researchers supported by the CF Foundation have been able to quickly translate what they have learned about the CF gene and CF cells into nearly two dozen clinical trials for promising new treatments.

Although much work remains, the CF Foundation has earned significant respect within the medical community for its innovative strategies aimed at curing this disease. The CF Foundation has garnered such respect for four primary reasons: 1) It established a strong focus on research; 2) It realized and accepted the need to take sizable risks to reap exceptional rewards; 3) it has provided unified leadership as a champion for the entire CF community; and 4) It has proven to be an efficient investor, with more than 90 cents of every dollar raised going directly to support vital CF program.

With the launch of Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics, (CFFT), the CF Foundation has been able to further structure its programs and activities to reap the largest possible benefit. CFFT is the nonprofit drug discovery and development affiliate of the CF Foundation, CFFT, and many volunteers and donors, is painting a very bright future for the development of significant, and even lifesaving new treatments for people with CF.

To learn more about CF and the services and programs available to people with CF, visit www.cff.org or call (800) FIGHT CF.

denisemarie

Denise

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I did last year was mention recent newborn screening in our state and how since it was started in January -- 6 children in our area tested positive for CF. I also mentioned the number of people in our state who have CF -- 56.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I did last year was mention recent newborn screening in our state and how since it was started in January -- 6 children in our area tested positive for CF. I also mentioned the number of people in our state who have CF -- 56.