Letting your local 911 Center know that you have medical needs

CFkitty

My state has a form that can be filled out for people who have medical needs that might need to be known should a 911 call be called from the home number. Although it lists blindness, deafness or other specific "medical condition or disabilities," my state's form doesn't have an option to write anything in, so I wrote it in anyway. <br><br>I put "Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes" which are the two most important things they need to know about me should a 911 call come from the house.<br><br>I encourage all of you, especially if you live alone or are alone at home a lot, to do the same if your particular medical condition(s) could affect what treatment is given to you (including transplant recipients, those on oxygen, etc.).<br><br>

CFkitty

My state has a form that can be filled out for people who have medical needs that might need to be known should a 911 call be called from the home number. Although it lists blindness, deafness or other specific "medical condition or disabilities," my state's form doesn't have an option to write anything in, so I wrote it in anyway. <br><br>I put "Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes" which are the two most important things they need to know about me should a 911 call come from the house.<br><br>I encourage all of you, especially if you live alone or are alone at home a lot, to do the same if your particular medical condition(s) could affect what treatment is given to you (including transplant recipients, those on oxygen, etc.).<br><br>

CFkitty

JustDucky

I did that as well, reported to my local fire/ambulance company regarding my illnesses. I live in a very small town where everyone tends to know each other which made it easier. Some of the squad has known me since I was a young kid, some are peers. Anyhow, they are aware that I am on a vent and O2 as well as a CF'er and diabetic. In the event of a prolonged power outage, they will provide me with a generator or transport me to a hospital. They also know to respond quickly to my call because I am on life support. I believe that providing your info could mean life or death.
Jenn 39 w/ CF

JustDucky

I did that as well, reported to my local fire/ambulance company regarding my illnesses. I live in a very small town where everyone tends to know each other which made it easier. Some of the squad has known me since I was a young kid, some are peers. Anyhow, they are aware that I am on a vent and O2 as well as a CF'er and diabetic. In the event of a prolonged power outage, they will provide me with a generator or transport me to a hospital. They also know to respond quickly to my call because I am on life support. I believe that providing your info could mean life or death.
Jenn 39 w/ CF

JustDucky

<br />Jenn 39 w/ CF