Life insurance?

Beccamom

I looked into this recently and some term policies have no health questions, but they are costly. If you own a home and pay a mortgage you may be able to get insurance that pays the mortgage in case of your death. I figure this is one less big bill for my family.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We've looked into this over the years for ds; however, haven't had much luck. I was told of a policy parents can get for their kids provided they themselves have coverage, but really haven't looked into it.

kathiel510

Life Insurance?
Liberty National provides life insurance for CFers. It is an ALX policy and the first three years are reduced...in the first 3 years if one dies of something not CF ie. car wreck..it pays full policy, if one passes of CF related in first 3 years it pays back what you have paid in...After 3 years it pays full.

Best of Luck
Kathie

jshet

I am friends with my insurance agent. He told me if it is not discovered that he has cf withen the first year of paying on the policy, i had nothing to worry about. I am not sure this could be as easy for an adult though. We took out a very small policy on both our children when they were born. My son was disgnoised 3 years ago when he was 13, and i decided to take out an additional policy since rates go up the older you get, and cf will make rhem even higher.

we did not disclose his cf, didn't need a physical, and waited out the first year. It may seem a little sneaky, but i did what i had to do.
all my agent did say was that as long as he didn't pass away withen that first year, the company would honor the policy.
good luck