Life insurance

mom2lillian

I was able to get the higher amount through my work which requires medical screening--I have seen the form and there is NO WAY that I could pass the written test but they have a verbal alternative where they ask 8 questions which I did pass--things like heart disease etc so I could get the higher amount. I was also able to get life insurance through my husbads employer. My credit union offers a small policy free to members and then you can upgrade a bit with no questions so we do this. The 4th policy that I have is through my college, post graduation the offer a free policy for a year on $25,000 and the price is not too bad to keep it up after that.

I think Mel hit on one key which is have your premiums auto-deducted from your account.

mom2lillian

I was able to get the higher amount through my work which requires medical screening--I have seen the form and there is NO WAY that I could pass the written test but they have a verbal alternative where they ask 8 questions which I did pass--things like heart disease etc so I could get the higher amount. I was also able to get life insurance through my husbads employer. My credit union offers a small policy free to members and then you can upgrade a bit with no questions so we do this. The 4th policy that I have is through my college, post graduation the offer a free policy for a year on $25,000 and the price is not too bad to keep it up after that.

I think Mel hit on one key which is have your premiums auto-deducted from your account.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />I think Mel hit on one key which is have your premiums auto-deducted from your account.
<br />
<br />

kathiel

Anyone that would be interested in all of the specifics may email me at land0603@comcast.net because I do not have permission to post the agents name on a blog, but I can share it with others.
I got the policy papers on my daughter from my mom this weekend, and it is pretty straightforward. The earlier you get it the cheaper it is.

It is through mutual life and called the ALX policy. For example, $15,000 for a 4 year old is $18.00 a month and for $15,000 for a 27 year old is $35.00 a month....

Feel free to email me and I will pass along the contact information.
land0603@comcast.net

kathiel

Anyone that would be interested in all of the specifics may email me at land0603@comcast.net because I do not have permission to post the agents name on a blog, but I can share it with others.
I got the policy papers on my daughter from my mom this weekend, and it is pretty straightforward. The earlier you get it the cheaper it is.

It is through mutual life and called the ALX policy. For example, $15,000 for a 4 year old is $18.00 a month and for $15,000 for a 27 year old is $35.00 a month....

land0603@comcast.net

kathiel

land0603@comcast.net

kathiel

land0603@comcast.net

kathiel

<br />I got the policy papers on my daughter from my mom this weekend, and it is pretty straightforward. The earlier you get it the cheaper it is.
<br />
<br />
<br />It is through mutual life and called the ALX policy. For example, $15,000 for a 4 year old is $18.00 a month and for $15,000 for a 27 year old is $35.00 a month....
<br />
<br />Feel free to email me and I will pass along the contact information.
<br />land0603@comcast.net

cdale613

Remember... even more imporant than life insurance, <b>Disability</b> insurance is critical for effective planning.

As has been mentioned, many decent jobs/employers will offer both life and disability insurance at the date of hire, and will have an open enrollment period where no physical is necessary. Take as much life and <b>disability</b> insurance as you can.

For new parents, there are often open enrollment periods for new depedents (your children). Sign them up!! It is usally very affordable to sign up young children, and they will have the policy forever as long as the payments are made. Its the smartest thing my parents did for me when I was that age. It has made financial planning for the security of my wife, etc. SO much easier.

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Remember... even more imporant than life insurance, <b>Disability</b> insurance is critical for effective planning.

As has been mentioned, many decent jobs/employers will offer both life and disability insurance at the date of hire, and will have an open enrollment period where no physical is necessary. Take as much life and <b>disability</b> insurance as you can.

For new parents, there are often open enrollment periods for new depedents (your children). Sign them up!! It is usally very affordable to sign up young children, and they will have the policy forever as long as the payments are made. Its the smartest thing my parents did for me when I was that age. It has made financial planning for the security of my wife, etc. SO much easier.

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

<br />
<br />As has been mentioned, many decent jobs/employers will offer both life and disability insurance at the date of hire, and will have an open enrollment period where no physical is necessary. Take as much life and <b>disability</b> insurance as you can.
<br />
<br />For new parents, there are often open enrollment periods for new depedents (your children). Sign them up!! It is usally very affordable to sign up young children, and they will have the policy forever as long as the payments are made. Its the smartest thing my parents did for me when I was that age. It has made financial planning for the security of my wife, etc. SO much easier.
<br />
<br />Chris
<br />
<br />27 m w/cf

Ian27

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cdale613</b></i>

Chris

27 m w/cf</end quote></div>

Every place that I've worked has stated that their disability insurance does not cover you if your disability is related to a pre-existing condition. Is there a way to get around this?

Ian27

Chris

Every place that I've worked has stated that their disability insurance does not cover you if your disability is related to a pre-existing condition. Is there a way to get around this?

Ian27

Chris

Ian27

Chris

27 m w/cf</end quote>

Ian27

<br />
<br />Remember... even more imporant than life insurance, <b>Disability</b> insurance is critical for effective planning.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />As has been mentioned, many decent jobs/employers will offer both life and disability insurance at the date of hire, and will have an open enrollment period where no physical is necessary. Take as much life and <b>disability</b> insurance as you can.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />For new parents, there are often open enrollment periods for new depedents (your children). Sign them up!! It is usally very affordable to sign up young children, and they will have the policy forever as long as the payments are made. Its the smartest thing my parents did for me when I was that age. It has made financial planning for the security of my wife, etc. SO much easier.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Chris
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />27 m w/cf</end quote>
<br />
<br />Every place that I've worked has stated that their disability insurance does not cover you if your disability is related to a pre-existing condition. Is there a way to get around this?