life insurance

lostindreamz

i was able to insure my dh with my MetLife plan for only $25k... anything above that i had to do a statement of health. up to 25k they didn't ask any questions.

lostindreamz

i was able to insure my dh with my MetLife plan for only $25k... anything above that i had to do a statement of health. up to 25k they didn't ask any questions.

lostindreamz

lostindreamz

lostindreamz

sjzbell

Just fyi for all....if you can get 25k without a stmt of health, do it. My husband & I have an insurance agency & I know that everyone we write life on has to have a med eval done...blood & all, regardless of how much the policy is for. We've had the same problem trying to get a life policy for our son who has CF. We'll probably never be able to get anything on him. The only other scenario that may or may not work would be to be automatically started on a policy day 1 of a new job. I've never heard of a business doing a med on those & sometimes they'll write the spouse on w/ the employee the same way. Not trying to burst your bubble, but just wanting to give some info. One other bit of info I'd like to offer up.....a while back someone was having this same discussion about getting life insurance & whoever wrote their policy said that they didn't have to do a med eval & they could get it pushed through just fine. I don't remember all of the details, but do know that the company that wrote her didn't know about her having CF. And if she had passed, they probably wouldn't have paid the death claim because she had lied initially stating she was healthy. It would seem that this would be common knowledge, but apparently not for all people. I wish you luck in finding a policy your CF'er!

sjzbell

Just fyi for all....if you can get 25k without a stmt of health, do it. My husband & I have an insurance agency & I know that everyone we write life on has to have a med eval done...blood & all, regardless of how much the policy is for. We've had the same problem trying to get a life policy for our son who has CF. We'll probably never be able to get anything on him. The only other scenario that may or may not work would be to be automatically started on a policy day 1 of a new job. I've never heard of a business doing a med on those & sometimes they'll write the spouse on w/ the employee the same way. Not trying to burst your bubble, but just wanting to give some info. One other bit of info I'd like to offer up.....a while back someone was having this same discussion about getting life insurance & whoever wrote their policy said that they didn't have to do a med eval & they could get it pushed through just fine. I don't remember all of the details, but do know that the company that wrote her didn't know about her having CF. And if she had passed, they probably wouldn't have paid the death claim because she had lied initially stating she was healthy. It would seem that this would be common knowledge, but apparently not for all people. I wish you luck in finding a policy your CF'er!

sjzbell

sjzbell

sjzbell

julie

He has $50k, I don't know if it's a special plan or anything. I just looked at the paperwork and it just gives his coverage amount. Not sure if it makes a difference but we also have car and property ins. through them.

julie

He has $50k, I don't know if it's a special plan or anything. I just looked at the paperwork and it just gives his coverage amount. Not sure if it makes a difference but we also have car and property ins. through them.

julie

julie

julie

Transplantmommy

I also have a life insurance plan through State Farm along with my car insurance. The plan was offered to me with no medical questions asked when I signed up for insurance with them. Of course, I wasn't going to be a fool and I took it! I think that my plan started out at like $5,000 and after 5 years went up to $50,000 and I pay only $10 per month and it is billed with my car insurance. I know that $50,000 is not a whole lot, but at least it will help Nate and Brady if something happens to me.

Transplantmommy

I also have a life insurance plan through State Farm along with my car insurance. The plan was offered to me with no medical questions asked when I signed up for insurance with them. Of course, I wasn't going to be a fool and I took it! I think that my plan started out at like $5,000 and after 5 years went up to $50,000 and I pay only $10 per month and it is billed with my car insurance. I know that $50,000 is not a whole lot, but at least it will help Nate and Brady if something happens to me.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy