Life Insurance

T

tammykrumrey

I was so fortunate in that I purchased my older daughter, Kayla's, life ins policy in November when she was 6 months old. My agent had recommended it after I asked why on earth someone would purchase life ins on a baby. She was dx with CF at 14 months old.
<br />
<br />When I was about to give birth to my second daughter, Hannah, my agent had me sign all the paperwork so that when she was born, he could submit her policy. We did NOT know whether she had CF or not. We just didn't want to take any chances. Our ins agent was called within minutes of Hannah being born, and the agent paid the first year premium as a gift. She was dx at 1 month old.
<br />
<br />So both of my girls have life ins. I am so thankful my agent recommended it. It was really in thought of if they were to get cancer of something...not CF, of course! But at least there will be something down the road for them.

K

Keepercjr

I am 30 and my parents got me an insurance policy before I was diagnosed at 6 months old. It isn't huge but more than I could get now (ie $0). I believe it is $20,000. We insure my kids through my husband's term life insurance. I believe they are each covered for $10,000. Of course that won't work for your child as an adult it IS something you could do for now.

I wish there was more I could tell you but the reality is that he will not be able to get life insurance when he is over 18.

K

Keepercjr

I am 30 and my parents got me an insurance policy before I was diagnosed at 6 months old. It isn't huge but more than I could get now (ie $0). I believe it is $20,000. We insure my kids through my husband's term life insurance. I believe they are each covered for $10,000. Of course that won't work for your child as an adult it IS something you could do for now.

I wish there was more I could tell you but the reality is that he will not be able to get life insurance when he is over 18.

K

Keepercjr

<br />
<br />I wish there was more I could tell you but the reality is that he will not be able to get life insurance when he is over 18.

B

ByGrace

We are going to look into getting him a policy with the same company we have our own through. If we're successful I'll be sure to let you all know! Thank you for all the advice.

B

ByGrace

We are going to look into getting him a policy with the same company we have our own through. If we're successful I'll be sure to let you all know! Thank you for all the advice.

B

ByGrace

Printer

Good Luck with the Life Insurance issue. The larger problem is getting Health Insurance with your DS PREEXISTING CONDITION. Not just for him but even a Family Plan that you don't get thru an employer.

Printer

Good Luck with the Life Insurance issue. The larger problem is getting Health Insurance with your DS PREEXISTING CONDITION. Not just for him but even a Family Plan that you don't get thru an employer.

Printer

B

ByGrace

Fortunately, my husband is a Marine so we have no problems with health care. But once my DS grows up and moves out, I'm sure that will be an issue.

B

ByGrace

Fortunately, my husband is a Marine so we have no problems with health care. But once my DS grows up and moves out, I'm sure that will be an issue.

B

ByGrace