lil bro got b.cepacia news today

revofev

<font class="Apple-style-span" size="3" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">My mom informed me tonight, and I am sure I am going to hear from him soon. <br><br>Im aware of the severity of this news, and I have dealt with my little brothers mortality (as painful as that may be). <br>Are things still as grave now as they have been in the last ten years? Most research I can find is 2001 ish. <br><br>Also, what type of isolation will he be subjected to? He is 16..so? School? Sex? </font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" size="3" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br>I know he's got a tough road ahead, I am just trying to prepare myself in a realistic way, considering the situation....Am I being too morbid?</font></div>

revofev

<font class="Apple-style-span" size="3" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">My mom informed me tonight, and I am sure I am going to hear from him soon.<br><br>Im aware of the severity of this news, and I have dealt with my little brothers mortality (as painful as that may be).<br>Are things still as grave now as they have been in the last ten years? Most research I can find is 2001 ish.<br><br>Also, what type of isolation will he be subjected to? He is 16..so? School? Sex?</font><font class="Apple-style-span" size="3" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br>I know he's got a tough road ahead, I am just trying to prepare myself in a realistic way, considering the situation....Am I being too morbid?</font>

revofev

<font class="Apple-style-span" size="3" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">My mom informed me tonight, and I am sure I am going to hear from him soon.<br><br>Im aware of the severity of this news, and I have dealt with my little brothers mortality (as painful as that may be).<br>Are things still as grave now as they have been in the last ten years? Most research I can find is 2001 ish.<br><br>Also, what type of isolation will he be subjected to? He is 16..so? School? Sex?</font><font class="Apple-style-span" size="3" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br>I know he's got a tough road ahead, I am just trying to prepare myself in a realistic way, considering the situation....Am I being too morbid?</font>

LouLou

You'll need to find out which genomovar he has in order to have a better idea of his prognosis. Do you have cf too?

LouLou

You'll need to find out which genomovar he has in order to have a better idea of his prognosis. Do you have cf too?

LouLou

regina65

I have 2 strands of B cepacia , cenocepacia and b cepacia complex. I have bad days and not so bad days . The biggest thing for me is not catching things (colds and such). I went for 2 years with no problems no hospital stays till I caught a virus and it gets rough then. As for the isolation the cf clinic will take precautions and the hospitals also. Schools and other public things that are not cf related don't even know what cepacia is from my experience . My family doctor didn't even know about it. I would be concerned about him catching the flu and colds at school . As far as I know there are no new developments for the treatment of the cepacia. If so they haven't informed me. He may do ok with the bacteria it affects people different. My cf doctor said my lungs are handling it ok considering what it is. What is his fev1 ?

regina65

I have 2 strands of B cepacia , cenocepacia and b cepacia complex. I have bad days and not so bad days . The biggest thing for me is not catching things (colds and such). I went for 2 years with no problems no hospital stays till I caught a virus and it gets rough then. As for the isolation the cf clinic will take precautions and the hospitals also. Schools and other public things that are not cf related don't even know what cepacia is from my experience . My family doctor didn't even know about it. I would be concerned about him catching the flu and colds at school . As far as I know there are no new developments for the treatment of the cepacia. If so they haven't informed me. He may do ok with the bacteria it affects people different. My cf doctor said my lungs are handling it ok considering what it is. What is his fev1 ?

regina65

regina65

Lou Lou which genomovars are considered worse and which are milder. I'm not really all that familiar with those. Don't know which I have. I asked my doctor to check for it and she said my insurance wont cover it

regina65

Lou Lou which genomovars are considered worse and which are milder. I'm not really all that familiar with those. Don't know which I have. I asked my doctor to check for it and she said my insurance wont cover it

regina65