Live Christmas Trees

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We have always had live trees. I think its a toss-up since artificial trees hold lots of dust.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We have always had live trees. I think its a toss-up since artificial trees hold lots of dust.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
After just about killing my vacuum cleaner a few times due to pine needles, we opted for artificial. That was years before having a child wcf.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
After just about killing my vacuum cleaner a few times due to pine needles, we opted for artificial. That was years before having a child wcf.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

theLostMiler

So this really got me thinking, because for the first time I was going to get a live one this year so I emailed my doctors just to be safe and they said

" the team feels there is VERY minimal risk from the standing water"

and basically have someone else fill it up and dump it out.

in case anyone is wondering. of course this is only my team of docs (cf, tx, id)

theLostMiler

So this really got me thinking, because for the first time I was going to get a live one this year so I emailed my doctors just to be safe and they said

in case anyone is wondering. of course this is only my team of docs (cf, tx, id)

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />" the team feels there is VERY minimal risk from the standing water"
<br />
<br />and basically have someone else fill it up and dump it out.
<br />
<br />in case anyone is wondering. of course this is only my team of docs (cf, tx, id)

ymikhale

well, I don't know. It was always my understanding that pseudo and stuff develops in standing water. My docs advise us not to have any plants around and to pour some bleach into the sink and bathtub every night.

So for the christmas tree my solution was to buy a tree shortly before christmas (like one week or so) and not to put it in any water. It lasts for about 2 weeks and that is good enough for me.

ymikhale

well, I don't know. It was always my understanding that pseudo and stuff develops in standing water. My docs advise us not to have any plants around and to pour some bleach into the sink and bathtub every night.

So for the christmas tree my solution was to buy a tree shortly before christmas (like one week or so) and not to put it in any water. It lasts for about 2 weeks and that is good enough for me.

ymikhale

ymikhale

ymikhale

<br />
<br />So for the christmas tree my solution was to buy a tree shortly before christmas (like one week or so) and not to put it in any water. It lasts for about 2 weeks and that is good enough for me.