Liver issues, continued...

azdesertrat

Here's the latest news that's fit to print, I suppose.
I've been feeling really crappy lately.
About every 5 days I run a high fever between 101-102 degrees.
I haven't told any of my Medical Team, I'm afraid of what they're going to say. I can't bear the thought of going back in the hospital, yet I feel like I'm endangering my life by not telling anyone what's going on.
My Trans. Coordinator says the liver issues are caused by the anti-rejection drugs.
Aint it great?
That which is keeping me alive is also killing me.
I hate this damned disease!

jello5675

Sweetheart, you need to tell you medical team, I know hospitals are no fun, but you can't get better if you don't get help. Take care of yourself you only get one.

azdesertrat

Thanks Jelly... I did, & I am. I'm typing this from a bed on the 8th floor (CF Ward) of Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix. So far, they've done a CAT Scan, several rounds of X-rays an ultrasound & too much blood work to mention. Hopefully, they'll figure out what's wrong & fix it so I can be on my merry little way. Thank you for your concern & well-wishes. I can use all I can get! May God bless & be with you & yours, 'Pat'.

jello5675

Pat, so glad to hear that your typing from the hospital. I am sure it's not easy, and I am praying for you, I pray for all the CFers. Everyone holds a special place in my heart. I may not have CF, but having a daughter with it really puts life into perspective. Now only if her father would view it that way. Please keep me posted on your progress, I hope and pray they figure out what's happening. The bravest people I have ever met, are the ones with CF. You fight a quite battle everyday, just know someone is thinking of you.
Tonya

azdesertrat

Thank you, I appreciate your concern & compassion for me (& all of us 'CF'ers').
Good news, I get out of the hospital today! I have tons of follow-up crap to attend to, gonna have to put a lot of miles on Lil' Blue (my Ford Ranger 4X4 truck) in the next week but oh well.
If that's what it takes, so be it.
Thanks again, I gotta go & get packin'. Becky will be here soon to get me.

jello5675

I'm so happy to hear that, you just put a huge smile on my face, and its been a rough day. Things like this make me so happy. You and Becky should go and have a high calorie meal and a huge dessert, you deserve it. Please stay in touch, I'm a great listener and supporter, here no matter what.