Liver problems and gallstones

tckylem

Has anybody here ever had gallbladder problems and liver isues.

One of my liver enzyme's is elevated. They suspect gallstones.

If anybody has ever had this what was your experence.

tckylem

tckylem

coltsfan715

My liver enzymes were elevated when I had gallstones/gallbladder issues. The elevated liver enzymes is actually what tipped us off that I may have gallbladder problems.

I would just have them do some tests to see. Also I would try finding out what the different symtpoms are for gallstone attacks and things of that nature. I say that because if you do have the symptoms then you can push them to test you. I looked up the symptoms the day I had the abnormal bloodwork and realized that I had been having gallbladder attacks for years (they were misdiagnosed as anxiety attacks). Once I saw the symptoms I KNEW I had gallstones and I kept pushing them to test me even when the first few tests they ran came back normal. They ended up running 4-5 tests on me until the last one finally showed an adnormality.

I will say that I did NOT have liver problems though - just elevated liver enzymes with bloodwork. The elevated liver enzymes went away almost immediately after surgery. The way the doc explained it to me was that if you have gallstones sometimes the stones can move into the bile duct and cause things to get "backed up" in a sense if that happens it can cause elevated liver enzymes. At least that is what I recall him saying - but I had my gallbladder out about 3 years ago.

Good luck with the testing. Hopefully it is just your gallbladder and no liver problems to go along with it. I am willing to bet though if it IS your gallbladder that your liver enzymes will go back to normal over the next few months and when you get it out (if you get it removed).

Happy Holidays,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

My liver enzymes were elevated when I had gallstones/gallbladder issues. The elevated liver enzymes is actually what tipped us off that I may have gallbladder problems.

I would just have them do some tests to see. Also I would try finding out what the different symtpoms are for gallstone attacks and things of that nature. I say that because if you do have the symptoms then you can push them to test you. I looked up the symptoms the day I had the abnormal bloodwork and realized that I had been having gallbladder attacks for years (they were misdiagnosed as anxiety attacks). Once I saw the symptoms I KNEW I had gallstones and I kept pushing them to test me even when the first few tests they ran came back normal. They ended up running 4-5 tests on me until the last one finally showed an adnormality.

I will say that I did NOT have liver problems though - just elevated liver enzymes with bloodwork. The elevated liver enzymes went away almost immediately after surgery. The way the doc explained it to me was that if you have gallstones sometimes the stones can move into the bile duct and cause things to get "backed up" in a sense if that happens it can cause elevated liver enzymes. At least that is what I recall him saying - but I had my gallbladder out about 3 years ago.

Good luck with the testing. Hopefully it is just your gallbladder and no liver problems to go along with it. I am willing to bet though if it IS your gallbladder that your liver enzymes will go back to normal over the next few months and when you get it out (if you get it removed).

Happy Holidays,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Happy Holidays,
Lindsey

CowTown

I had gallstones about 7 years ago. It was <b>extremely</b> painful! I had to be on pain meds. They scheduled me for surgery to remove my gallbladder. The surgery itself was really no big deal actually. It was an "easy" surgery and recovery was fairly quick. You do have to deal with sore stomach muscles for a little while but overall, the pain from gallstones was by far the worst part.

I don't recall having elevated liver enzymes, but it's possible. I haven't had any issues since removing my gallbladder.

Good luck, I hope you feel better!

CowTown

I had gallstones about 7 years ago. It was <b>extremely</b> painful! I had to be on pain meds. They scheduled me for surgery to remove my gallbladder. The surgery itself was really no big deal actually. It was an "easy" surgery and recovery was fairly quick. You do have to deal with sore stomach muscles for a little while but overall, the pain from gallstones was by far the worst part.

I don't recall having elevated liver enzymes, but it's possible. I haven't had any issues since removing my gallbladder.

CowTown