Living a nightmare!

mom2brooke

My daughter gets fever blisters really bad. Her pediatrician gave her a prescription for Zovirax and it is a miracle drug. If used properly, they don't get near as bad, and heal in about half of the time. Worth checking into.<br>

scanboyd

In the past I have gotten fever blisters several times each yr. as long as I can remember, and take about a month to clear up. That is up to about 20 yrs. ago some told me to rub ether on it (with Q-tip) as soon as you feel one coming. I do this and have not had a fever blister in over 20 yrs. This is the liquid version of the ether thay they use to put some one to sleep or prime a car with. It is highly flameable, be careful. I got mine through our hospital pharmacy, 16oz can cost less than $20.00 last for ever. Just rub it on at ther very first when you feel one coming on. BE CAREFUL!!! Might be able to purchase through a pharmacy, or a paint store where they sell automobile paint. Mine states on side for technical use only, not to be used for anesthesia. Distributed by Humco.

scanboyd

In the past I have gotten fever blisters several times each yr. as long as I can remember, and take about a month to clear up. That is up to about 20 yrs. ago some told me to rub ether on it (with Q-tip) as soon as you feel one coming. I do this and have not had a fever blister in over 20 yrs. This is the liquid version of the ether thay they use to put some one to sleep or prime a car with. It is highly flameable, be careful. I got mine through our hospital pharmacy, 16oz can cost less than $20.00 last for ever. Just rub it on at ther very first when you feel one coming on. BE CAREFUL!!! Might be able to purchase through a pharmacy, or a paint store where they sell automobile paint. Mine states on side for technical use only, not to be used for anesthesia. Distributed by Humco.

scanboyd

PF

<br>Thanks so much for your message JenWren - I'm sure you're right that anxiety & stress I'm having is weakening my immune system & allowing the virus to thrive! Just really hard to stay calm when my fingers are all bandaged & swollen & it's impossible to do my treatments without constant assistance! I really appreciate that you took the time to reply to my post - it's also comforting to feel like people care!

PF

<br>Thanks so much for your message JenWren - I'm sure you're right that anxiety & stress I'm having is weakening my immune system & allowing the virus to thrive! Just really hard to stay calm when my fingers are all bandaged & swollen & it's impossible to do my treatments without constant assistance! I really appreciate that you took the time to reply to my post - it's also comforting to feel like people care!

PF

PF

<br>Thanks so much for your post and good wishes Giggles. I have been on an oral anti-viral for some time but doesn't seem to be very helpful - but maybe it would be even worse if I wasn't on it! It's difficult to cope emotionally but I'm fortunate that my parents do help me a lot! Don't have friends any more though. My 2 best friends emmigrated & my health issues were too extreme for the others to stick around!

PF

<br>Thanks so much for your post and good wishes Giggles. I have been on an oral anti-viral for some time but doesn't seem to be very helpful - but maybe it would be even worse if I wasn't on it! It's difficult to cope emotionally but I'm fortunate that my parents do help me a lot! Don't have friends any more though. My 2 best friends emmigrated & my health issues were too extreme for the others to stick around!

PF

PF

<font color="#000000" size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" class="MsoNormal">Thanks <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> so much for
your reply theLostMiler. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> When I was
first diagnosed with cold sores I was warned that it could spread elsewhere
through skin contact so I took every precaution - always washing my hands well
with soap immediately after touching my mouth/face even with no symptoms
present but maybe the virus entered my fingers rapidly through the openings
caused by lancing my fingers for glucose control checks & it seems
asymptomatic viral shedding is a reality! I think you are right about fevers
triggering an outbreak as each time my mycobacteria worsens or I get a
recurring Malaria attack this happens. My CF doctor thinks my cf mutation may
be one that causes an impaired immune system as blood tests do not find
antibodies for the infections I have and I require immunoglobulin injections.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<br>

PF

</font><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" class="MsoNormal">Thanks <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">so much for
your reply theLostMiler. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">When I was
antibodies for the infections I have and I require immunoglobulin injections.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<br>

PF

</font><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" class="MsoNormal">Thanks <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">so much for
your reply theLostMiler. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">When I was

<br>

PF

<br><font color="#000000" size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;" class="MsoNormal">Thanks <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> so much for
your reply ehtansky21. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> I did some
research into MMS - it seems<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  to show
promising results although on some alternative medicine forums people did
report severe side effect reactions so I'm a bit nervous to try in case I make
my situation even worse! <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> I think
ultimately no treatment will work until I get my immune system functioning
somehow!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><font color="#000000" size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>

PF

your reply ehtansky21. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">I did some
research into MMS - it seems<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> to show
my situation even worse! <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">I think
somehow!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><font color="#000000" size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>

PF

your reply ehtansky21. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">I did some
research into MMS - it seems<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> to show
my situation even worse! <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">I think

</font>

PF

<br>Thanks for your reply MomtoBrooke. Zovirax was the first drug I tried & didn't work for me I think because all these anti-viral pills do is to slow down viral replication giving your immune system a chance to push the virus back to its latent state & my immune system isn't functioning properly!

PF

<br>Thanks for your reply MomtoBrooke. Zovirax was the first drug I tried & didn't work for me I think because all these anti-viral pills do is to slow down viral replication giving your immune system a chance to push the virus back to its latent state & my immune system isn't functioning properly!

PF

PF

your suggestion scanboyd. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> Will try to
get me some ether! I'm currently using alcohol wipes on the affected areas
& it works well on my mouth/face but not on my fingers which is puzzling.
Also, obviously I can't put this in my eye! I'm so encouraged that I'm not the
only CF affected by this virus & wonderful to see that you have reached 63!<font color="#000000" size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>