Lizardqueen

Lurking4now

Hi!<br>
I hope you don't think I'm being too nosy.  I've been keeping
up with your blog and was just wondering how the dr's appointment
went today.  Hope you're having a great day!

thelizardqueen

Hey guys - I just got back a little while ago. My appt went VERY well. I'm not going to go into details here, but I will be updating my blog later on this evening. I was surprised at just how well things went. My doctor followed through with a lot of stuff we talked about, and some stuff we compromised on, but in the end I left feeling really good about today. Read up on my blog later on and I'll let you all know. Thanks so much for the thoughts!

vinsmom

I read that you're starting both Pulmozyme and Tobi. Did your doctor review how to administer and how NOT to mix the neb cups before disinfecting? And, did he explain the order in which you should be taking the meds? If you need help, please email me. My son has been on both for awhile now...preventative. It's so wierd to see how different clinics treat patients.

thelizardqueen

I haven't started the Pulmozyme yet. My doc wants to wait a month and make sure that I need it. I do know that I'm not supposed to mix nebs, but I've yet to learn where the pulmozyme should be inserted into my list of treatments. Right now its as follows:

albuterol
symbicort
physio
tobra

anonymous

Not sue what symbicort does but the Pulm usually goes in between the albuterol (bronchodialtor) and the physio. It breaks the mucus up for the physio to get it out.

Also forgot to mention that my son's on Zithromax now for the past year and has had GREAT results with it as an antiinflammatory. Hope you experience the same. He's been IV/hospital free for over a year now.
Have a great week and hope all goes well with your new treatments.

thelizardqueen

Symbicort is a steroid and bronchodialtor. So I would assume that the Pulm would go after the Symbicort. I'm excited about starting the Zithromax, as I'm hoping that it will help a lot with inflammation, and eventually increasing my pfts a bit.