Longevity of Lung Tx

Grendel

How long are lung-txs lasting these days? What is the average and what are some of the longer exceptions?

Thanks
Grendel

Grendel

How long are lung-txs lasting these days? What is the average and what are some of the longer exceptions?

Thanks
Grendel

Grendel

Thanks
Grendel

Grendel

Thanks
Grendel

Grendel

<br />
<br />Thanks
<br />Grendel

Marjolein

I think 50% in my center is about 7 years.. Though I'm really not sure.

I know about a woman who had her double lung/heart tx in 1985. She is still here, though she has chronic rejection now. Don't think she has CF though. But still. And she has a friend who had her tx a year later and she is still alive too.

Marjolein

I know about a woman who had her double lung/heart tx in 1985. She is still here, though she has chronic rejection now. Don't think she has CF though. But still. And she has a friend who had her tx a year later and she is still alive too.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />I know about a woman who had her double lung/heart tx in 1985. She is still here, though she has chronic rejection now. Don't think she has CF though. But still. And she has a friend who had her tx a year later and she is still alive too.

rubyroselee

I'm not sure if the statistics have changed much, but the last I knew it was 50% survival after 5 years. That might be old news though.

I know 2 CF women who are 15+ years post-TX and no signs of rejection in either of them!

rubyroselee

I'm not sure if the statistics have changed much, but the last I knew it was 50% survival after 5 years. That might be old news though.

I know 2 CF women who are 15+ years post-TX and no signs of rejection in either of them!

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

<br />
<br />I know 2 CF women who are 15+ years post-TX and no signs of rejection in either of them!