Looking for a great Peds CF Dr in DC area

Dizzy16

Hello My son is 7 years old and we found out that he is a carrier, but it took military doctors over 6 years to find that out. I am looking to go and get a second opinion. We live at Fort Meade, MD any suggestions?

Thank you

Dizzy16

Hello My son is 7 years old and we found out that he is a carrier, but it took military doctors over 6 years to find that out. I am looking to go and get a second opinion. We live at Fort Meade, MD any suggestions?

Thank you

Dizzy16

<br />
<br />Thank you

rpcvchina

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go to Parnes May and Associates in Columbia, Maryland. They never diagnosed our son, even with 2 hospitalizations, numerous colds and bowel problems, but the age of 3. We were even yelled at by Parnes that, "Children get colds! We will not give you more antibiotics!" Only to find he has CF... but not until his sister was born and almost died of MI. Even two days after I gave birth, and his sister was confirmed CF, they still told me our son didn't have it. If she had not been born, he would have died of pnemonia last winter. I DO NOT trust peditricians at all!!

rpcvchina

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go to Parnes May and Associates in Columbia, Maryland. They never diagnosed our son, even with 2 hospitalizations, numerous colds and bowel problems, but the age of 3. We were even yelled at by Parnes that, "Children get colds! We will not give you more antibiotics!" Only to find he has CF... but not until his sister was born and almost died of MI. Even two days after I gave birth, and his sister was confirmed CF, they still told me our son didn't have it. If she had not been born, he would have died of pnemonia last winter. I DO NOT trust peditricians at all!!

rpcvchina

dledwith

Children's National Medical Center.
<br />111 Michigan Ave. NE, DC
<br />
<br />Dr. Sami or Dr. Chaney are both fantastic

SadiesMom

We are military and we lived in Severn, MD (between Baltimore and DC), when we were living in MD we changed mine and my daughter's plan to US FAmily Health Plan which is still Tricare Prime and went to the Johns Hopkins CF Center in Baltimore. They were wonderful.

SadiesMom

We are military and we lived in Severn, MD (between Baltimore and DC), when we were living in MD we changed mine and my daughter's plan to US FAmily Health Plan which is still Tricare Prime and went to the Johns Hopkins CF Center in Baltimore. They were wonderful.

SadiesMom

Dizzy16

I was thinking Johns Hopkins, but was not to sure. Is there any special dr I should ask for. We are going to his PCM tomorrow and I am going to ask for a referral to get a second opinion.

Thank you

Dizzy16

I was thinking Johns Hopkins, but was not to sure. Is there any special dr I should ask for. We are going to his PCM tomorrow and I am going to ask for a referral to get a second opinion.

Thank you

Dizzy16

<br />
<br />Thank you

peter

Perhaps you have been lurking out there for a while, but Welcome to this resource just the same. Definitely a competent setting at JH. Maybe someone will answer you before bed time. Go there anyway. Not sure when you found this site but you will get a lot of help and usually in a hurry. Good luck.

peter

Perhaps you have been lurking out there for a while, but Welcome to this resource just the same. Definitely a competent setting at JH. Maybe someone will answer you before bed time. Go there anyway. Not sure when you found this site but you will get a lot of help and usually in a hurry. Good luck.