Looking for a STROM Percussor

anonymous

Hi Everyone, I am the twin sister of Amy, who posted a message earlier about looking for a percussor called the Chestmate 2000. This particular percussor is not made anymore, and neither is the STROM percussor, but if anybody knows of somebody who might have one of these and is not using it, please let me know. I've spoken to my CF team about this, and they look at me like I have 3 heads -- they aren't very much help when it comes to these sorts of things. They also think the Vest is the answer to every CF's problems, and I disagree. I believe the Vest helps me to some extent, but I need more percussion and strength than the Vest provides. Any information would be very helpful. In the meantime, I'll just keep using my FlimmFighter.

Barbara

Bill

Barbara: My son (46) has CF and I have spent the last 6 weeks in TX trying to help him get throuh a tough time. He was admitted to the hospital 10/23 and the very first night his respiratory person and I got talking. One of the subjects was the use of a percusser massager (?). She was very upbeat about them. She, knew that Sears sold them!!! She also stated that the hospital had 10 of these units a short time ago, but most disapeared after use. They were now down to only 2, which they would use for specfic patients only. The next day, I went to Sear, found them and bought one for my son. I left TX on the 29th, and as of today (talking to my son) he has not tried to use it YET! This sounds similar to what you were talking about. Hope this helps! Bill

anonymous

Barbara,

I have 2 strom percussors.....
I know that strom no longer exists or does not have them, as when we needed some repairs on them, it was not possible.
The 2 that I have are in very bad shape, they are held together with rubber bands, and all sorts of contraptions. I am not sure they even turn on any longer, as they have not been used in 5 years. They sit in an attic that gets hot in summer and cold in winter. (They are at my sisters house).

Has your sister looked into any other devices? The vest is not for her?
What about hand cupping?

Joanne Schum
luckylungsforjo@aol.com

anonymous

Barbara,

I was going to add.

Have you tried asking the Cystic L list? Maybe someone has a working Strom in better shape than mine.

Joanne Schum
luckylungsforjo@aol.com

anonymous

I do have a percussor/massager that I bought from Brookstone -- it's ok, but it seems to be more of a massage tool rather than a percussor. And it's hard to do my back. I think I'm gonna have to deal with the machines that I do I have and be more patient with everything. Thanks everybody for your quick responses!

Barbara
39 f w/cf

hbogusla

We have a replacement for Chestmate 2000. It is called ePer 100. You can view it on <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http:///www.eper.ca">http:///www.eper.ca</a> . It is very simple but powerful and effective percussor. My daughter (26) loves it.