looking for info

mrsp86

can someone please give me some info on cf so i can fight my case for a full gene screening what kinds of cystic fibrosis are there

mrsp86

can someone please give me some info on cf so i can fight my case for a full gene screening what kinds of cystic fibrosis are there

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

JazzysMom

I am not sure what you are asking for. You want to know how many mutations there are or how many different array of symptoms a CFer can display?

JazzysMom

I am not sure what you are asking for. You want to know how many mutations there are or how many different array of symptoms a CFer can display?

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />

JORDYSMOM

This is sort of tough to answer, because CF isn't at all black and white. I tend to want to say that there is only one KIND of CF, because CF is CF. You have to have two gene mutations to have the disease. You either have it or you don't. It's not like cancer, where there are many different types. Does this make sense?

Symptoms, however, vary widely from patient to patient. One patient may have more problems with digestion, and another might have more lung involvement. Even two patients who have the exact same genetic mutations, can have completely different symptoms. CF can start out harsh, or it can start out mild. Since CF is a progressive disease, we can expect it to become harsher as the years pass. A patient who had only lung involvement as a child, can develop digestive issues as he/she ages. There are endless possibilities in how the disease might progress, but it will progress.

To fight for this test, which is what I think your ultimate goal is, you just have to keep demanding it. They thought there was reason to test for it with the sweat test, so it seems logical to me to finish what they started, and do the genetic test. I really think you need to find a CF doctor. Yours just doesn't know enough about it to understand that sometimes CF isn't quite so obvious.

Good luck.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

This is sort of tough to answer, because CF isn't at all black and white. I tend to want to say that there is only one KIND of CF, because CF is CF. You have to have two gene mutations to have the disease. You either have it or you don't. It's not like cancer, where there are many different types. Does this make sense?

Symptoms, however, vary widely from patient to patient. One patient may have more problems with digestion, and another might have more lung involvement. Even two patients who have the exact same genetic mutations, can have completely different symptoms. CF can start out harsh, or it can start out mild. Since CF is a progressive disease, we can expect it to become harsher as the years pass. A patient who had only lung involvement as a child, can develop digestive issues as he/she ages. There are endless possibilities in how the disease might progress, but it will progress.

To fight for this test, which is what I think your ultimate goal is, you just have to keep demanding it. They thought there was reason to test for it with the sweat test, so it seems logical to me to finish what they started, and do the genetic test. I really think you need to find a CF doctor. Yours just doesn't know enough about it to understand that sometimes CF isn't quite so obvious.

Good luck.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Good luck.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Good luck.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />Symptoms, however, vary widely from patient to patient. One patient may have more problems with digestion, and another might have more lung involvement. Even two patients who have the exact same genetic mutations, can have completely different symptoms. CF can start out harsh, or it can start out mild. Since CF is a progressive disease, we can expect it to become harsher as the years pass. A patient who had only lung involvement as a child, can develop digestive issues as he/she ages. There are endless possibilities in how the disease might progress, but it will progress.
<br />
<br />To fight for this test, which is what I think your ultimate goal is, you just have to keep demanding it. They thought there was reason to test for it with the sweat test, so it seems logical to me to finish what they started, and do the genetic test. I really think you need to find a CF doctor. Yours just doesn't know enough about it to understand that sometimes CF isn't quite so obvious.
<br />
<br />Good luck.
<br />
<br />Stacey