Losing body fat with CF

Asexyblond23

I know the feeling. I gained 25 pounds from the depo shot. It is possible,just exersice. Now I am trying to work on walking. Cf people on here have told me that with exercise they are able to tone up.

Asexyblond23

I know the feeling. I gained 25 pounds from the depo shot. It is possible,just exersice. Now I am trying to work on walking. Cf people on here have told me that with exercise they are able to tone up.

Asexyblond23

A

Aftershock68

Hi Alisha,
Just a concern. I noticed you state you are on Depo? I was on Depo for a year and thought life was great, after all I didn't have any periods, right? Come to find out, Depo is a horrible drug for people with CF to be on. We have a very hard time with absorbing Vitamin D which prevents bone loss as you know, and Depo is very hard on your bone density. Again, I'm just bringing this up as a concern. If you feel fantastic on it and your cf docs don't have a problem with it, then consider this email junk mail-heehee. Take care and stay healthy!!~Aftershock

A

Aftershock68

Hi Alisha,
Just a concern. I noticed you state you are on Depo? I was on Depo for a year and thought life was great, after all I didn't have any periods, right? Come to find out, Depo is a horrible drug for people with CF to be on. We have a very hard time with absorbing Vitamin D which prevents bone loss as you know, and Depo is very hard on your bone density. Again, I'm just bringing this up as a concern. If you feel fantastic on it and your cf docs don't have a problem with it, then consider this email junk mail-heehee. Take care and stay healthy!!~Aftershock

A

Aftershock68

Hi Alisha,
<br />Just a concern. I noticed you state you are on Depo? I was on Depo for a year and thought life was great, after all I didn't have any periods, right? Come to find out, Depo is a horrible drug for people with CF to be on. We have a very hard time with absorbing Vitamin D which prevents bone loss as you know, and Depo is very hard on your bone density. Again, I'm just bringing this up as a concern. If you feel fantastic on it and your cf docs don't have a problem with it, then consider this email junk mail-heehee. Take care and stay healthy!!~Aftershock
<br />

Beccamom

I have learned so much form the forum and really appreciate the honesty.  My daughter has been going through CF testing due to both frequent lung infections and failure to thrive.  Meanwhile, while we wait for the her doctor to determine the result of her last test my doctor convinced me to go to an ENT for chronic sinus infections.  I went yesterday and my sinuses are impacted and the ENT could barely even get the scope into one sinus cavity, so I am off to a CT scan.  I have been wondering if I could have CF, but my primary dr said no since I struggle with my weight I am 4 feet 11 inches and a very skinny child, but 4 months of bedrest with my second child left me with a little extra fat.  I guess I will ask for the CF testing.  I can be almost 100% certain I have 1 gene mutation because my daughter does and it is more prevalent in families of my ethnic background then my husband.  My dr did get me in gear to go to the ENT by saying I need to stay healthier so I have less bugs to pass to my daughter, so I can use the same logic to request the CF testing for myself.

Beccamom

I have learned so much form the forum and really appreciate the honesty. My daughter has been going through CF testing due to both frequent lung infections and failure to thrive. Meanwhile, while we wait for the her doctor to determine the result of her last test my doctor convinced me to go to an ENT for chronic sinus infections. I went yesterday and my sinuses are impacted and the ENT could barely even get the scope into one sinus cavity, so I am off to a CT scan. I have been wondering if I could have CF, but my primary dr said no since I struggle with my weight I am 4 feet 11 inches and a very skinny child, but 4 months of bedrest with my second child left me with a little extra fat. I guess I will ask for the CF testing. I can be almost 100% certain I have 1 gene mutation because my daughter does and it is more prevalent in families of my ethnic background then my husband. My dr did get me in gear to go to the ENT by saying I need to stay healthier so I have less bugs to pass to my daughter, so I can use the same logic to request the CF testing for myself.

Beccamom

<p>I have learned so much form the forum and really appreciate the honesty. My daughter has been going through CF testing due to both frequent lung infections and failure to thrive. Meanwhile, while we wait for the her doctor to determine the result of her last test my doctor convinced me to go to an ENT for chronic sinus infections. I went yesterday and my sinuses are impacted and the ENT could barely even get the scope into one sinus cavity, so I am off to a CT scan. I have been wondering if I could have CF, but my primary dr said no since I struggle with my weight I am 4 feet 11 inches and a very skinny child, but 4 months of bedrest with my second child left me with a little extra fat. I guess I will ask for the CF testing. I can be almost 100% certain I have 1 gene mutation because my daughter does and it is more prevalent in families of my ethnic background then my husband. My dr did get me in gear to go to the ENT by saying I need to stay healthier so I have less bugs to pass to my daughter, so I can use the same logic to request the CF testing for myself.

jaimers

Super Moderator
beccamom, using "struggling with your weight" is not valid criteria for ruling out CF. yes, many people with CF do struggle to maintain and healthy weight but there are CFers that are pancreatic sufficient and have normal body weights. if you have concerns about your own status I would seek another opinion for sure. CF carriers sometimes have symptoms so that might be what it is in your case but the weight thing doesn't automatically rule out CF. good luck with everything!

jaimers

Super Moderator
beccamom, using "struggling with your weight" is not valid criteria for ruling out CF. yes, many people with CF do struggle to maintain and healthy weight but there are CFers that are pancreatic sufficient and have normal body weights. if you have concerns about your own status I would seek another opinion for sure. CF carriers sometimes have symptoms so that might be what it is in your case but the weight thing doesn't automatically rule out CF. good luck with everything!

jaimers

Super Moderator

Shine

I'm like 65 kgs (not sure how many pounds this is) & am trying to lose a little weight...urgh don't like the uncomfortable extra weight on belly! lol

Shine

I'm like 65 kgs (not sure how many pounds this is) & am trying to lose a little weight...urgh don't like the uncomfortable extra weight on belly! lol