Lost.... ?

amber682

My son and his cousin both had their sweat tests done at an accreditted CF hospital, and their test was exactly how okok described it above. And there was no blue. Having a borderline sweat test, your son probably should have genetic testing, just to be sure. I think, from what I've read on here, that there are more than one type of sweat test, and that CFF accreditted hospitals all do it the same way.

I hope everything goes well with the test, and that you get the answers you need. Keep us posted!

amber682

My son and his cousin both had their sweat tests done at an accreditted CF hospital, and their test was exactly how okok described it above. And there was no blue. Having a borderline sweat test, your son probably should have genetic testing, just to be sure. I think, from what I've read on here, that there are more than one type of sweat test, and that CFF accreditted hospitals all do it the same way.

I hope everything goes well with the test, and that you get the answers you need. Keep us posted!

newarmywife

My son had his sweat test red-done this afternoon, at the same place... I got the results as 57, but was told this was normal... and that their labs normal result is below 70... ? With 50 to 100 being borderline, over 100 - abnormal.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of test? Can I rely on the results? I've been searching the web, but cannot find any info on this type of test. Thank you for any help.

newarmywife

My son had his sweat test red-done this afternoon, at the same place... I got the results as 57, but was told this was normal... and that their labs normal result is below 70... ? With 50 to 100 being borderline, over 100 - abnormal.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of test? Can I rely on the results? I've been searching the web, but cannot find any info on this type of test. Thank you for any help.

newarmywife

Alyssa

Give it up there -- get to an accredited CFF center - get the sweat test re-done and have them draw blood for full genetic testing at the same time !!!

Alyssa

Give it up there -- get to an accredited CFF center - get the sweat test re-done and have them draw blood for full genetic testing at the same time !!!

Alyssa