low blood pressure/faint feeling when lying down?

kittencaitlin

Hello,

I am going through an exacerbation right now and on IV antibiotics and have been having something unusual happen. I feel really lightheaded when I lie down, and my BP drops to like 79/45 !! I normally run very low but this is too low, obviously. Two nights I woke up almost fainting -- seeing white, clammy, lightheaded.

I went to the ER -- had a multitude of tests. Echo, CT with dye, blood work. My heart is ok. 2 Liters of fluid in ER and I was better. But going home its happening again. Only when i lie down, my BP drops, I feel lightheaded, and i wake up before i can fully fall asleep, because of this awful woozy feeling.

I've been doing IV hydration at home too, but it just doesn't make sense. I am fully hydrated, and have never had this problem before during clean outs. I am on the same meds as I have been before.

Wondering if anyone has ever experienced this.

I am on o2 at night normally and on o2 during the day now because i am sick.

thanks

dmac

Have they checked your potassium and magnesium levels? Last time I was on the IV antibiotics I started feeling lightheaded, nauseous, and so forth. At the ER they checked both, my potassium level was critically low - I ended up in the hospital and it took them 4 days and many bags of potassium to bring the level back to normal. Magnesium was on the low end also. Now I take supplements and get tested every two weeks. Maybe they already checked yours, but thought I'd send it along in case. Good luck. Donna